Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Twenty


On October 13, 1995, I went on my last first date.

We were juniors in high school.  It was Friday the 13th.  He picked me up in his mom's periwinkle Acclaim and we went to a haunted house.

I cannot believe that was 20 years ago.  I mean, clearly, I'm not old enough to have been dating 20 years ago.

I don't have pictures from our first date.  Had this been in the time of the smart phone, I'm sure I would have pictures...alas, this was pre-selfie era.

Instead, how about a picture from our Junior Prom several months later?
(Please don't mind the quality of the pictures, this was before digital,)


Braces.  I got mine off the summer before I met Randy.  He wasn't so lucky.

We went to our Junior Prom with friends, Jill and Tony.  They're still together today, too.

Senior Homecoming (Fall 1996)
Randy still had braces here.  He got them off in the winter sometime.
Is he really tall or am I really short?
Yes.

My 21st Birthday (2000)
We went to TGI Friday's because most of my friends (Randy included) weren't yet old enough to get into a "real" bar.

Speaking of Friday's...anyone remember the June Bug?  My drink of choice back in the day.

Randy's Sister's Wedding (Sept 2001)

July 2003
One of the best days of my life.

Honeymoon in Aruba 2003
And the rest is history.

When I ponder the last twenty years...

...first of all, I can't believe it's been 20 freaking years.  But once I get over that...

When I ponder the last twenty years, I can't think of another person on Earth that I'd rather spend them with.  We grew up together.

Let's face it, we're STILL growing up together.

In the memories that I keep, I see nothing but love and smiles.  I know there were hard times, there were plenty of dark days, but we got through them and smiled again.  I know there will be more hard times ahead, we are human, after all, but I know we will get through them and smile again. 

December 2013
To my Favorite Husband,
20 freaking years.  Man, you're old.
Here's to the next 20, Babe.