Monday, June 15, 2015

Catching Up

This was in my fortune cookie a few weeks ago.

Today is my ninth day of not running.  During the training for every big race, I promise my legs that if they get me to the finish line, I'll give them time off.  For the past nine days, I've been biking and walking and taking my kids to the water park but I have not been running.

Not to say that I haven't missed running, I have, but I have been happily not running.  I've been running over 100 miles monthly since August.  My body needed the rest.

My hiatus is coming to an end and tomorrow, on day 10, I will run.

Because I love it.

June will be a pretty low-mileage month and in July, I start marathon training!  My BFF, Carrie, has decided to drink the Kool-Aid and run a marathon!  In just over four months, Carrie and I will run the Columbus Marathon together.  Of course, by "together", I mean that I'll be running two minutes per mile behind Carrie.  But we'll be together...ish.

Last August, I went to Madison to run Carrie's first half marathon with her, in December she met me in Memphis to run St. Jude and in April, we ran the Kentucky Derby half together.  I really like getting to see my BFF every few months.  For years we didn't get to see one another on any regular basis.  Now, we're averaging every 6 months or so.

This was taken the night before Kentucky Derby.
We realized that this was the first time in 20 years that we've slept
slumber party style.
I'm so looking forward to hanging out with Carrie in October.

Back in January I told y'all about the people who broke into my car and stole my purse.  In March, the man was sentenced to four years in prison (my credit cards were not the only ones the people stole and used--there was quite a list).  The female missed her trial in March because she was in jail in a neighboring county. Winner.  A new date was set for her for June 1, but I received a letter saying that it was postponed until July 8.  Not sure what's up with that but I'm hoping she joins her buddy for a nice long while.  Idiots.

My public service announcement: If it's not yours, don't touch it.

You're welcome.

More news: Skirt Sports has updated their ambassadors webpage.  I feel so official!  I'm so excited to be representing Skirt Sports.  The giddy feeling hasn't worn off in the past few months.

Don't forget, use the code SSRRMR20 for 20% off your purchase!

Do you take self-imposed running breaks?
Do you have any big races coming up?
Have you ordered a skirt from Skirt Sports yet?