Friday, January 2, 2015

The Year of Fun. Can I Have Another?

Back in January, I declared 2014 my year of fun.  After a little reflecting, I've decided that I totally nailed it.

I had fun all year.

I ran with friends.

I ran alone.
6 miles in solitude.
I pushed my limits.
Running on the East Coast.  We don't have hills like this in Columbus.
I left my comfort zone.
A week in Disney World.
I made myself proud.
St. Jude Marathon
And guess what?  I had fun doing it all.

2014 was a pretty great year.  It's going to be tough to beat.

...but I'm going to try!

After much reflecting, I've decided to keep FUN for another year.  I'm not ready to give it up yet.

Yesterday, New Year's Day, I ran 15 miles with a bunch of fantastic ladies.  We all discussed our words for the year.  Some of their words were, Bliss, Endure, Presence, Purpose, Go....all really great words, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Photos taken and collage made by Jennifer.

Fun.

It speaks to me.  It's why I run for hours and hours....if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't keep doing it.

It's how I feel when I play with my kids and when I take them to new places and when we have new experiences together.
In Boston
Yes, 2015 will be another year of FUN.

Happy New Year, friends!

What's your word for 2015?