Thursday, July 10, 2014

Random Thoughts: July 10

It's been a long time since I've ridden my bike alone in the predawn hours and it was 2012 the last time I wrote my random thoughts while biking.  So here's a treat, y'all.

Random Thoughts from a Runner on a Bike

It's nice and cool out here.  I wish I was running...
The birds are singing.  They're cheering me on, "Go, Jamie!"
Thank you, Birds.
Yikes.  Those people left their garage door open all night.  They must not have an awesome neighbor like we have to tell them when the door is open.  Poor people.  I wonder if they have any friends at all....
Bunny.  Get out of the road.  You belong on the grass so you don't get run over.
Hey, look!  A cyclist on the main road.  I'm too chicken to ride on the main roads.  I'll stick to neighborhoods.  This is why I'm not a real cyclist.  Just a runner on a bike.
Don't let the sun go down on me, although I search myself, there's always someone else I see...
Seriously?  Elton John this morning?
I think my butt has gotten bonier...I need shorts with thicker padding...and while I'm at it, gloves with thicker padding.  Let's make everything nice and cushy.
Freaking kamikaze bunny!  He ran right out in front of me!  Get out of the damn road!  What is with these bunnies today?
Pew.  That car in front of me....the one without the muffler....someone in it is smoking.  Stinks.  Don't they know that's bad for them?  And it stinks?  Pew.
Stop judging, Jamie.
Hey.  Paper Guy.  You stay on your side of the road and I'll stay on mine.  Deal?
Another open garage door.  It's an epidemic.
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander freeeeeeee..
Shouldn't I have a more "hip" song in my head?  I'm old.
Dark animal in the road.  Crap is it a skunk?
Cat.
We're good.
Something is clicking every time I press the left pedal down.  Irritating.  Randy needs to fix that.
Two bunnies.  Conversing.  IN THE ROAD.  How 'bout you bunnies take your little powwow to the grass?  Where is your mother?
5:40am...I suppose I should go home.  Besides...my butt hurts.

Have a great day, y'all!

10.04mi
4:59am
Avg speed: 13.6mph