Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Reason for Running

Late last year I chose my fourth marathon.  Yesterday, I finally got to register.


I chose the St. Jude Marathon for a few reasons.


First of all... St. Jude's mission:
… to find cures for children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases through research and treatment. And no family ever pays St. Jude for anything.
Certainly a mission worth getting behind.

Second...I have two healthy Little Ladies.  I'm incredibly thankful that I'm not in need of St. Jude's services, I pray every day that I never will be.  I'd very much like to help support the families less fortunate than mine.

Third...(and this is a biggie)  We lost my grandmother on my Dad's side a couple of years ago.  We call her Meme (pronounced MEM-ay).  Meme's very favorite charity was St. Jude.  She donated to them every month.  She never forgot about the kids.


I will run the St. Jude Marathon.  I'll smile.  I'll cry.  I'll high-five all of the kiddos.

I'll run to celebrate those who are fighting, to give thanks for my blessings and to honor Meme's memory.

I've pledged to raise $500 for St. Jude, but I'd love to raise much more than that.  If you have a few extra dollars in your wallet and would like to donate to St. Jude, every little bit helps.  It's certainly going to a worthy cause.

http://heroes.stjude.org/jamiem
Click Me!

(You must be viewing this post online to see this video.  The video will not show up in the email version.)