Friday, April 25, 2014

What's for Breakfast?


I have partnered with belVita and Dannon to help promote the belVita and Dannon partnership. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes writing about the promotion and product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.

It's no secret that I love Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt.  Oikos was featured as one of my Friday Faves last year.  John Stamos didn't show up when I took the first bite, but the delicious black cherry taste made up for that...mostly.

Lately, I've been putting chocolate chips in my black cherry Greek yogurt for a little added yumminess.  While delicious, the chocolate chips didn't really add to the staying power of my breakfast and I ended up hungry well before lunchtime and wasn't making the best snack choices. (Easter candy, anyone?)

When I heard that belVita had chocolate breakfast biscuits, I heard angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus.


16 grams of protein (yogurt and biscuit combined) with chocolate and cherry was exactly what I needed!

The chocolate flavor wasn't quite as intense as the chocolate chips, but it was chocolatey enough to curb my craving.

I know a lot of people out there don't eat breakfast at all due to busy mornings.  Dannon and belVita have formed a partnership to fuel American's mornings with a quick, convenient and delicious breakfast so they can get the most out of their mornings.

 Laura Stack (The Productivity Pro) has three tips on how you can get the most out of your morning:
  • The secret to a smooth, sane morning is doing as much as you can the night before. Leave as little preparation as possible until the last minute – you’ll thank yourself in the morning.
  • Spend twenty minutes at the end of each day planning your to-do list. When you download the next day’s activities beforehand, you can devote your morning to enjoyment rather than stress.
  • Be sure to start your morning with a delicious, balanced breakfast. Together, the nutritious steady energy of belVita and 12 grams of protein in Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt along with a piece of fruit will help you get more out of your morning.
I'm not one of those non breakfast eaters.  I'm hungry the second my feet hit the floor in the mornings and skipping breakfast is never an option for me; I'm mean when I'm hungry (my mom is reading this nodding her head).  My mornings are really busy with running at 4:30 or 5am, lunches to make, kids to clothe and feed, the elementary school bus at 7:15am, and preschool drop off at 9am, I need to eat something fast.  The Oikos/belVita combo fits the bill.

Last weekend, I really put Oikos and belVita to the test and ate the black cherry yogurt and chocolate biscuit combo before a 12 mile run.  I was testing the staying power during major calorie burn fest as well as the effect it has on my stomach.  Could this possibly be an easily transported pre-race or pre-long run breakfast?

YES!

During the whole 12 miles, I never felt hungry (I fueled at mile 6, as usual) and I had no cramping or any other...um..."messy side effects".  Score!


Have you ever tried belVita Breakfast Biscuits?  I've tried the Chocolate and Blueberry--both delicious.  I'm looking forward to trying the Golden Oat next. (Other flavors are Apple Cinnamon and Cinnamon Brown Sugar)
What's your favorite Greek yogurt flavor?  Cherry...always cherry.  Blueberry or Pineapple would be my next choices.

Follow Dannon Oikos:
Follow belVita: