Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Faves

Happy Friday!

It's been a while since I've shared my latest faves with you so I'll jump right in.

Once upon a time, I had an inferior kitchen.  While it wasn't a total shithole--it wasn't what I knew it could be, it wasn't efficient, it had no storage, it had a gross coil electric stove...

September 2004
After 5 years of talking about someday remodeling the kitchen, we were finally ready.

January 2010
But our budget didn't include replacing the electric coil stove that was in working condition.

...until one day when two of the four burners stopped working.

Hooray!

January 2011
I was so excited to get a ceramic top stove that would be so easy to keep clean.....until I found out that it wasn't.

Folks, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

After much searching, I bought this baby.


My stove top is still not perfectly clean, but every time I use it, a little more of the cooked on ring comes off and that makes me one happy mama.


The CasaBella round mesh scrubber retails for $5.29.  I bought mine at Target, there are prettier versions on the CasaBella website.

****************************

My next fave is completely unrelated and a total luxury.

The heated steering wheel.

I'm sure my friends on Facebook and my followers on The Twitter are sick and tired of hearing me go on and on about how much I love the heated steering wheel, but, seriously people, I want to be buried with it.



When I first heard about heated steering wheels, I thought they were ridiculous....and then I drove a car with one.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I hope I never have to be without it.  Ever.

I have to buckle cold car seats before we go anywhere and my mittens get in the way of the buckles, so I have to take them off.  By the time I'm done, my hands are freezing and mittens won't warm them up....but the steering wheel will.

I have also been known to snuggle with my steering wheel at stop lights on my way home from runs when I'm all sweaty and cold.

Like I said, it's a luxury, but it seriously is all that and a bag of chips.


Do you have any other tips for keeping the darn stove clean?
Do you have a heated steering wheel? Unfortunately, they can't be installed aftermarket.


I'm having trouble with Internet Explorer 11 showing my comment field.  If you don't see the comments below, please try viewing this post in Firefox until I can get this issue figured out.  Thank you!