Friday, June 21, 2013

I Lift Things Up and I Put Them Down

I wrote a training plan for the summer.  I've found that I don't do well when I don't have a plan written down.  When I go to bed each night, I like to know exactly what I'm getting up to do the next morning.  If I have no plan, I tend to hit the snooze or shut the alarm off and do nothing.

Yes, a plan is good.

Here is what my typical week looks like:
Monday- run
Tuesday- weights
Wednesday- run
Thursday- AM weights, PM run
Friday- rest
Saturday- run long
Sunday- rest

On Monday and Wednesday nights as I get my clothes ready for my weight workout in the morning, Randy always, always comments something about "I lift things up and I put them down."

Have you seen the commercial he's referring to?  The video won't show up in the email version of this post.  You need to click the title of the post and view it on the web.


Now, let's be clear, the things I lift up and put down are about 20 pounds, but still, I like to say that I lift heavy things.

This didn't really occur to me until I read Kyra's guest post about circuit training...I circuit train every Tuesday and Thursday!

On Monday and Wednesday nights, I make a list of 5-7 exercises.  I arrange them so I have an abs or squats between the arms exercises so they get a break.  I repeat my list of 5-7 exercises two or three times, depending on how much time I have. 

A circuit!

Funny story: while on vacation last week, my mom came to the fitness room with me for a weights workout.  The next day I caught her rubbing her abs.  When I asked her if she was sore, she gave me the sad face and said, "You're mean!"

My work here is done.

In other news, tonight is the Electric Run!  If you're in the Columbus area, you can still register!  The race is not sold out yet and my 10% discount code RRMR is good until the race time!  If you want in on the action, register!  Right now!  The race starts at 9:20.  This post goes live at 6am.  You have plenty of time.

Oh, that's right.  Some of you sleep in the morning.

I went shopping yesterday and bought lots of glowy things.  I may or may not have purchased a light up tutu as well.

I will leave you to look forward to the race pictures.

How often do you lift heavy things?
Ever run a nighttime race?  I volunteered at the Glow Run, but I've never run one...until tonight!