Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy National Running Day!

Did everyone run today?

This post went live at 6am.  I know that most of you have not run yet today. 

What are you waiting for?!

(Um, daylight?)

Full disclosure: I haven't run yet either.  I lifted weights this morning and I have a group run tonight to celebrate this wonderful holiday; a holiday, in my humble opinion, worth celebrating.

National Running Day takes place every year on the first Wednesday in June.

How do we celebrate?

We run!

We also share why we run.

I run for many reasons.  I run for patience.  I run for energy.  I run for peace.  I run for alone-time.  I run to set a good example for my little ladies.

Sometimes, I run away from my little ladies.

I run to keep my heart healthy.  I run to eat.  I run for martinis.  I run to see what I'm made of. 

I run because I can.

Mostly, I run for the love of running.
Why do you run?