Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Faves

Ellie age 2 ~ cherry picking
'Tis the season for fresh cherries!

I love fresh cherries, but they're kind of a pain to serve to little kids which is why I was thrilled to discover this olive/cherry pitter from Oxo.  I bought it the summer Ellie was two and Aleena was just a baby.






This bad boy makes serving cherries a breeze.
Even though the little ladies are bigger now, could you imagine what my kitchen would look like if they were left to their own devices to spit out the pits?  Yikes.

My second fave for the week is Oikos Greek yogurt.


I first hopped on the Greek yogurt bandwagon with Chobani.  I thought it was really good.  Last week, Oikos was on sale at the grocery store and, well, money talks, so I bought Oikos instead of Chobani.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Oikos is way better.  I checked the label because for me to like this so much, it must be bad for me. Oikos has 1g less protein, 10mg less sodium and 2g more sugar than Chobani.  Not too bad.

John Stamos didn't show up when I ate it, but I'll let it slide.


What are some of your favorite things?
Do you have, or have you used a cherry pitter?
What's your favorite Greek yogurt flavor?  I'm a fan of the orange cream and the black cherry.