Monday, June 17, 2013

Beach Vacation in Pictures


Last week was our family vacation at the beach.

Awesome would be an understatement.

I love the ocean.  The sand, the salt, the waves.  It soothes my soul.

Most of our family vacations include my parents.  Yes, it's nice to have extra hands for the kiddos, but my parents are fun to hang out with.  After the little ladies go to bed, we adults drink and play games.

This is our third time visiting Virginia Beach but our first time staying in Sandbridge.


The Dunes is a really nice place.  The condos are all individually owned and well cared for.  Our unit was spectacular.  There were 6 of us staying in the three bedroom, 2 bathroom condo and we never felt crowded.  We had a ton of living space.

The view didn't suck either.


We went to the beach every day except one.  It was too cold and we had high winds on Friday.  We went to the pool once.  It wasn't near as awesome as the beach.



Ellie wanted to boogie board, but was afraid to do it by herself.  I took her for a few piggy-back boogie board rides.  We giggled our heads off.

The waves were a little rough on Thursday.  One caught my mom off-guard and knocked her over.  My dad and I were in the water and saw my mom on her butt with her feet up in the air.  We didn't laugh until we saw her head above water and knew she was OK.  I promise.  I crack up every time I think of it.  (Sorry, Mom.)

Friday morning, I hit the road early to knock out an 8 mile run.  The sunrise was gorgeous and my shadow at mile 3.5 made me giggle.  I'll only be tall when the sun is low.


Now, we're home.  It's a little depressing, but kind of nice at the same time.  We missed our own beds and we missed the pooches.

As fun as vacation is, it's always nice to come home.


How was your week last week?