Tuesday, May 28, 2013

nuNAAT Haircare Review

I know I've mentioned this before: my hair is fussy.  It's super curly, it tends to frizz, but it's thin so I can't use gel or other heavy products to control frizz.  It's kind of totally high maintenance.  I'm always on the lookout for a miracle product that can help me tame the beast.

Enter nuNAAT.

nuNAAT was looking for bloggers to review their products and they sent me the NAAT Treatment for Curly Hair with Cupuaçu & Keratin.

The benefits of this product line include:
  • Intense hydration from Cupuaçu Butter’s high fatty acid content
  • Cupuaçu is a super antioxidant packed with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and C
  • Keratin restores hair to a strong, healthy and natural state
  • Ideal for chemically-processed and multi-textured hair
  • Eliminates frizz
  • Increases body
  • Defines curls
Yes, I believe this is exactly what I need...provided it works.  I've tried many, many, many hair products that were labeled special "for curly hair" and I hated them.  I've wasted so many half-full bottles of shampoo, conditioner, styling products and anti-frizz serums because they smelled awful or dried out or greased up my hair.  I know, I know, first world problems.

I'm always hopeful when trying a new hair product that it will be the one, and it never is, so I tried not to get my hopes up too much about the nuNAAT line.

The first thing I did when my products were delivered was sniff them.  Randy makes fun of me because I must sniff everything.  I have a very sensitive sense of smell so if I don't like the scent of a hair product, I can smell my hair all day long and it sometimes makes me nauseous.  The scent was light and fresh.  Whew.


The second thing I did was take a picture.


I started using the shampoo, conditioner and styling product the very next day.  The shampoo and conditioner felt good to use.  Detangling without being too greasy and rinsed out clean.


The styling product made me a little nervous.  It's a lotion.  My past experiences with hair lotions have not been favorable.  All that I've tried have dried out my hair and left me with a mountain of frizz.


Oh well, my job is to try it.  Throwing my hair up in a bun is always an option, right?

To my delight, the nuNAAT lotion was not like any of the other lotions I've tried.  It really helped define my curls and kept the frizzies at bay all day long.

Color me impressed!

As the days went on, I noticed that the condition of my hair was improving.  Every day, my hair felt healthier and less dried out.  The nuNAAT products are really improving the overall health of my locks.


I don't have much use for the Intensive Hair Mask.  It felt nice when I used it, but I'm not one to spend a whole lot of time on beauty regimens.

I have one use for showers: to wash myself, then I get out.  I never hang out in the shower until all of the hot water is gone and I never, ever take baths.  I don't give myself more than 10 minutes to shower and primp so this will rarely be used in the future.

I'm loving the NAAT treatment for curly hair and will probably buy the shampoo, conditioner and leave in again.  With price points of $4.99 and $5.99, they're much less expensive than the other products I've been using.

Overall, I have a whole list of pros for the NAAT Treatment Curly Hair with Cupuaçu & Keratin and nothing in the cons column.  WIN!
 
nuNAAT sent me the full line of NAAT Treatment Curly Hair with Cupuaçu & Keratin in exchange for this review.  nuNAAT was not guaranteed a positive review.  As no hair type is exactly the same, results may vary.

Find nuNAAT: