Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Faves

I've been fortunate enough to be able to purchase some nifty new stuff in the past few months.  I love these things so much, I want to share them with the world!  (Reality check.  I'll share them with the few people who read this blog.)

Heated Steering Wheel

Yes, you read that right.  The heated steering wheel is the best invention ever.  I'm sure my friends and followers on Facebook and the Twitter are thrilled that summer temps are here so I'll stop talking about the awesome heated steering wheel.
Shiny!
At the end of March, I got a new car.  Yep, I'm a minivan mom.  Traveling with two kids and three dogs would not be an option with any other vehicle.

Anyway, in the 2013 Chrysler/Dodge models, the heated steering wheel comes in the same package as heated seats.  SCORE!

Go ahead, roll your eyes.  Say to me, "Seriously?  A heated steering wheel?  That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of!" 

That's exactly what I said to my mom a couple of years ago when her new Lincoln came with a heated steering wheel...until I drove her car in the winter. 

It was glorious. 

When I found out that Chrysler/Dodge had hopped on the heated steering wheel bandwagon, I was practically spinning in excited circles.

I'm completely smitten with the whole car, actually, but the steering wheel is, by far, my favorite feature.  Other nice features are the black leather seats with red stitching and of course, that new car smell.  Snnnnnnnnifffffff....mmmmmmmm.....




HTC One

 
My old smart phone was giving me fits and I was eligible to renew my contract, so I ditched the piece of sh!t and bought the new HTC One.  I love it.

I especially love the snazzy pink protective case!

One of my biggest problems with the old phone was the lack of a battery life.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I had to charge my phone every three hours.  It was ridiculous.

My first few days with the HTC One, I made it my job to kill the battery.  On day 1, it took me 16 hours of tweeting, Facebooking, playing Candy Crush, emailing, texting and talking to get the battery on the screen to turn red.  Not too shabby.
After two weeks with the new phone, I finally don't have the constant urge to plug it in to charge the battery.  I charge it at night and that's it.  It's so refreshing.





The only thing I dislike about the HTC One is the size.  This thing is gi-freaking-gantic.  Seriously.  Huge.  The screen alone, is the size of an entire iPhone.

Being freakishly large, I suppose, is a small (large) price to pay for its shear awesomeness.  The speakers are pretty sweet, but of no real consequence to me as I listen to the music with ear buds the majority of the time.  I will say that even with my cheap ear buds that I sweat all over every morning, the sound quality is so much better than the old phone.

With a quad-core processor, this beast is fast.  I think it's faster than my desktop PC.  Now, if only it would fit in my hydration belt....

INKnBURN Britney Skirt

Have you ever heard of INKnBURN?  INKnBURN is a small California based company that makes and sells active wear with flair.  All of their clothing makes a statement.  Some of their pieces are fun and flirty and others are downright badass.

I bought the Britney skirt partially because it's pink, partially because it's plaid and partially because it's called The Britney.  Whomever is in charge of naming the clothing has a great sense of humor!

Most running skirts have shorties underneath.  Most running skirts have boring plain shorties underneath.  INKnBURN adds a little sass to their running skirts.  The skull and crossbones on my ass adds a little sass to my runs.


Women's Rock'n Roll Sports Skirt- ShortsAll of their clothing is made in the USA with high end fabrics.  That being said, INKnBURN clothing isn't cheap.  In fact, other than my jacket, The Britney is the most expensive piece of running clothing I've ever bought.  (Shoes don't count.)  The Britney was my Mother's Day present.  Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have justified the expense.  I think I'll have to come up with another special occasion so I can buy the Rock'n Roll skirt.

This skirt feels good.  It looks good too.  The cut is flattering to my not-so-perfect figure.


I've washed it four times and there's absolutely no sign of wear.  No fading, no color bleeding and no stretching.

The only downfall I can find...

...sidenote, I don't consider price to be a downfall if the product is of worthy quality.  I can see this skirt lasting forever, therefore, the price was worth it.

The downfall is the length of the shorts.  This is specific to my body, others may not have this issue.  I've mentioned before that my thighs touch and rub...and chafe.  My thighs touch just below where these shorts end.  With some body glide, this is a non-issue until it's time to reapply. That being said, I don't think this skirt will be running any half or full marathons with me unless I decide to carry body glide with me.  I will, however, be rocking this skirt for shorter runs and races.


Do you have or have you tried any of the above products?
What are your Friday Faves?

Disclaimer: All of the products mentioned above were purchased using my own money.  I received nothing for free.  I was not asked to review anything and was not compensated for this post.  All opinions are my own.