Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Drink Zola? Yes, please!

Who has heard of coconut water?  Most everyone, probably.  But not everyone knows exactly what it does and why it's good for you.  I didn't until I did some research.  Coconut water contains electrolytes that can help with headaches, nausea and cramping during and after workouts.

I was pretty excited to see that coconut water has quite a bit of potassium. Some of you already know this about me: I'm allergic to bananas.  That's right.  I can't eat the runner's super food.  One can of Zola coconut water contains more potassium than a banana offers.

Zola was kind enough to send me a few goodies to try.

 
Randy and I had a little fun with the sunglasses.
 


 We can never be accused of taking ourselves too seriously.


I drank my first can of Zola coconut water after a run.  I was thirsty and it didn't seem to matter how much water I drank, the thirst remained.

First sip: Interesting.  Not bad, but I couldn't decide if it was good either.

Second sip: Sweet.  Thicker than regular water.  It seemed to coat my mouth and quench my thirst.

Third sip: Yes.  I like this.  A lot.

The next day, after a weights workout, I tried the coconut water with pulp.  I have to say: I hate pulp.  I hate any kind of floaties in my drink.  I only buy pulp-free orange juice and I never, ever dunk Oreos in milk.  Gross.  I was nervous to try this.  I had visions of grass-textured coconut floating in the water. (gag)

 
Thank goodness that's not at all what the pulp was like.  It was more like chunks of fruit in the bottom of my glass.  Non-grass-like fruit.  It was delicious!  Totally changed my mind about pulp!  I'll still buy pulp-free OJ and I still won't dunk my Oreos, but pulpy coconut water?  Yes, please!
 
Next up was the acai juice.
 

My biggest issue with this juice is the pronunciation.  I've heard acai pronounced, like, seventeen different ways and none of them are correct!  I watched this video to learn how to say it the right way. (ahhs-eye-EE)

Now that we can say it, I can tell you: it was delicious.  I'm in love with this juice.  I've never had acai-anything before.  YUM!


Acai got two thumbs up from the Little Ladies!

Want to learn more about Zola and their products?
Your turn:
Have you ever tried coconut water?  What did you think?  This was my first try.  I'm a big fan, but I've heard from a few "in real life" friends that other brands are not as tasty as I thought Zola was.
Have you ever tried acai?  Did you know how to pronounce it?

Zola sent me their products for review purposes.  They were not guaranteed a positive review.  All opinions are my own.