Here's something fun: I've been nominated again for the Liebster Award! You might recall that I was nominated back in February as well. In case you missed the rules, here they are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2, Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less, who you feel deserve to be noticed, and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated.
5. Answer the 11 questions the blogger presented you with, create 11 questions for the blogs you are nominating, and list 11 facts about yourself.
Thank you so much to Patsy from Arms Wide Open! She made my day on Friday with the nomination.
Since I've already written my 11 random things and I've already nominated my 11 bloggers, I'll just answer all of Patsy's questions today.
1. Why did you start your blog?
Other than having a lot to say (who, me?), the one thing that really gave me the push to start Rise.Run.Mom.Repeat. was the video contest to be on the Nuun Hydration team for Hood to Coast. I was too late to enter the contest last year, but I submitted my video this year and my fingers are firmly crossed until the list of the teams comes out on Wednesday.
2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Still running! Hopefully with a few more marathons and over night relays under my belt. Wow, in 10 years, Aleena will be 14 and Ellie will be 16. That scares the shit out of me and this concludes my thinking about the future.
3. Would you support me in my endeavor to be Queen of our country?
Without a doubt, Patsy.
4. What is your dream that you're afraid to talk about but secretly think about all the time?
I don't have anything, really. Sorry. No secret dreams here.
5. Of course, because I love to read, what's your favorite book?
Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! by Sandra Boynton. If you haven't read it, you're so missing out. Probably not exactly what you were looking for, Patsy, but there you have it.
6. If you had total control of the world, what are 3 things that you would do immediately, aside from crowning me Queen?
I can think of two things that are not too political and probably won't cause me lots of unfollows: 1. make all recycling services free to the citizens and start charging for garbage. I'll bet a lot of people would be throwing a lot less away and recycling more. 2. Eliminate Sponge Bob Square Pants from the planet.
7. What is one goal that you achieved that you are most proud of (not counting family)?
Of course, giving birth and keeping the little ladies alive is what I'm most proud of. A close second is finishing my first marathon.
8. What are you working hardest at right now?
Healing. It's so hard.
9. What is the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to you?
This is tough. I've had a lot of hilarious things happen to me. The most hilarious, though, involves my sister in law (before she was officially my sister in law), two bottles of Riesling and a garden cart. Let your minds run wild with that one.
10. Finish this sentence: In 2013, I will _____________________.
A month ago, I would have answered this with "avoid injury" but we all know how that worked out. Today's answer is, I will heal and come back stronger. Also, I'll get my mom to run a 5K. I know you're reading this, Mom. I see you shaking your head. Succumb to the love of running! Embrace it!
11. They're making a movie about your life. Who would you choose to play your part?
P!nk. Yes, I know she's not an actress. I'm not either.
Great questions, Patsy! Thanks for including me!
I have a few updates about the Drenched 5K.
First, congrats to Amy G., the winner of the Drenched 5K giveaway! I'm so looking forward to this event! (How many times have I said that?)
If you're in the Columbus area, join my team! When you register, choose the team Slippery When Wet and be sure to use the DRENCHEDMOM code to get $10 off. The early bird pricing goes up the first week of May. I've started a team Facebook event page here. Come join the fun! I may have even roped my parents into awesome event!
If you're not in Columbus, the Drenched 5K is coming to 7 other cities this summer!
Columbus- July 6
Washington DC- July 13
Kansas City- July 20
Los Angeles- July 27
Denver- August 3
Atlanta- August 3 or 10
Philadelphia- August 17
The DRENCHEDMOM coupon code is good for any of the US locations.
Disclaimer: I've never participated in a Drenched 5K (but I'm really looking forward to it, so it better be good!) and I will receive compensation for each use of my discount code.
Your turn! If you had to make up Liebster questions for me, what is one (or two) you'd ask? I might even answer them!