Monday, March 11, 2013

ORRRC Half Marathon Training: Week 2

Another busy week last week.  Ellie's birthday party was on Saturday, so there was much cleaning, prepping and cooking going on.

I was surprised how good my legs felt after the Stingray 5K.  This makes me think that I didn't run fast enough.  Next time....

Tuesday morning, I made a new running pal!  A few weeks ago, Candice posted on a local running group's Facebook page that she was looking for a partner in the wee hours of the morning.  We met up last week for the first time.  It was nice to have some company in the hood.

We got about 5 inches of snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, so I hit the treadmill on Wednesday.  I have such a hard time keeping myself on the treadmill.  I have absolutely no motivation to run on it.  None.  I've been using one of my favorite TV shows, Gilmore Girls, to bribe myself to stay on it.  I can get down when the episode is over.
source
A couple of years ago, after the show ended, my brother gave me the boxed set of Gilmore Girls so I have plenty of shows for my running-while-viewing pleasure.

Saturday morning, the day of Ellie's 6th birthday party, I got up nice and early and ran the dark, lonely roads of my 'hood.  At mile 6, I stopped at home to pick up my mom and we walked another two and a half miles.

It was a pretty light week mileage-wise.  Next week the miles will ramp up again before it's time to taper in 2 weeks.

Happy running!

Week 2
Monday: Light abs
Tuesday: Run 6.07mi
Wednesday: Run 4mi, Shovel 5 in of snow, Yoga Class
Thursday: Run 4mi
Friday: Cathe 10min abs
Saturday: Run 8.47mi
Sunday: rest
Total mileage: 22.54mi
Total time: 3hrs 7min

How was your week last week?