Friday, March 1, 2013

February Abs Challenge Recap

Happy March!  February went by quickly!

I've been a busy little chick with all of my abs-related February challenges, the Love My Abs Challenge, and the Plank Challenge.

At the beginning of the month, I could hold a one minute prone plank.  At the end of the month, I could hold a prone plank for two minutes!  There are people out there who can hold a prone plank for 6 minutes or longer.  I want to be like them when I grow up.  My side planks improved as well, going from 30 seconds to one minute and ten seconds.  See what happens with a little consistency?

The Love My Abs Challenge started off the month with 100 abs exercises a day for the first week, then jumped to 120 a day for week 2, 140 for week 3 and 160 for week 4.  I'm thrilled to say that there was only one day this whole month that I didn't get my abs exercises done.  There were days that my abs were sore from the day before, so I went easier on them rather than doing the specified number, but I call that "smart", not "blowing off the challenge".

I see a difference in the way my belly looks; there's some definition brewing and I've lost half of an inch from my waist in the past month.  Woot, woot!  Go me!

I'm going to do something crazy.  I'm going to show you a before and after picture.  Many of you have read this post about how I feel about my stomach.  It's not pretty, but since the world wide web has already seen it, here you go.  Feel free to overt your eyes.


It's not just in my head, right?  It looks a little different.  It feels different.  But please, if you see me out on the road, don't ask to feel my abs.  That's a little creepy.

The skin (that will never, ever go away) is a little looser, (is looser a word?) which actually looks worse than it did before, but my (uneducated) guess is that it's because the fat content is decreasing.  There is definitely still some...shall we say...fluff  hanging out in the midsection, but I'm not done yet!

Seeing results is a great motivator.

February was just the beginning...

What are your plans for March?  I'm already signed up to do a 100 Push-ups Challenge. While I don't really think I'll actually do 100 push-ups, this challenge goes with my "better arms" New Year's goal.  Come join us!

Are there any other challenges going on in March that I should know about?