Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wordy Wednesday: Love



Yep, Valentine's Day was last week.  It's old news.  The little ladies had fun parties at school and other than that, it was a normal day.  I received no gifts from my husband.  Not even a card.

It's all good, he received nothing from me, either. 

Not even a card. 

Junior Prom
I think we did the whole "Valentine's Day" thing the first year we were dating and haven't since.  That first Valentine's Day, he had flowers delivered to me at school.  High school.  (Yep, we go way back.)  I was sitting in my eleventh grade anthropology class and in walks a huge box of long stemmed red roses for Jamie.  It was really sweet.  And really embarrassing.

High School Graduation
I'm OK with not celebrating this Hallmark holiday.  I don't want him to buy me nice things and show me that he appreciates me one day a year.  I want it every day!

Love is not one day a year.

Love is every day.





 
Love is...

...rushing out of work on Thursdays so I can get to my running group on time.

...having dinner ready when he gets home because he's tired and hangry. (Is hangry a real word yet?  It should be)

...laying on my side of the bed at night to warm up the sheets for me.

...turning his clean t-shirts right-side-out before I fold them.

...holding hands.

...getting up with the kids in the middle of the night because he knows how exhausted I am.

...getting up with the kids in the middle of the night because I know how exhausted he is.

...scheduling his night out with the guys to start after the kids' bath time.

...saying "I love you" before hanging up the phone.

...bringing me fresh flowers from the farmer's market every week in the summer.

...every day of the year.


Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
What does love look like to you?
Anyone else out there a high school sweetheart?