Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Liebster Blog Award



I got some pretty neat news last week:  I've been nominated for a Liebster award!  How cool is that?!

What is a Liebster award?  You might be wondering...

The word liebster is a taken from the German word meaning boyfriend, dearest or beloved and applied to a blog or blogs that another blogger likes. (How many time can I use a variation of the word blog in a sentence?)

Someone likes me?!  Mileage Mama likes me!  Thank you for the nomination!

There are a few rules that come with this nomination:
  • Add the award icon onto your blog
  • link your nominator and say thank you
  • post 11 random things about yourself
  • answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
  • nominate 11 bloggers (and let them know)
  • post 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominate
Liebster has a thing with the number eleven, huh?

11 random things about me:
  1. I clip and use coupons religiously.
  2. My third dog was an accident.  The dog rescue organization we got our first two from asked me to foster a puppy.  I thought I could do it.  It turns out that I suck at fostering, but I'm really good at adopting.
  3. I hate having useless crap hanging around the house.  My husband collects useless crap.
  4. It really pisses me off when I find a need for my husband's useless crap.
  5. Speaking of husbands, I started dating mine in 1995.  We've been together for more than half of our lives.
  6. I have a birthmark in the shape of Africa on my left foot.
  7. I'll be getting my fifth tattoo in the next couple of months.  I can never be in the CIA because I have too many distinguishable features.
  8. I can't parallel park.
  9. I love my in-laws.
  10. Before my oldest kiddo was born, I would vomit if I saw, heard or smelled vomit.  Over the last 6 years, I've developed a stomach of steel.  Only a parent can clean vomit off the kitchen table, wash their hands and finish eating dinner.  Yes, that happened.  More than once.
  11. In my entire life, I have never been happier than I am right now.

11 questions from Mileage Mama:

Where do you live?  Columbus, Ohio

What do you do for a living?  My husband hates it when I say I'm retired, so I'll say I'm a stay at home mom; CEO of the house.  In my former life, I was a kindergarten and first grade teacher.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  I'm happy right here.  I have a warm house, great friends and my husband has a good job.  That being said, if there were a place where the temp was 40-70 degrees every day of the year with no humidity and the trees still changed colors in the fall, I'd seriously consider relocating.

Who is your favorite author?  Sandra Boynton.  If you don't have kids or you're not a teacher, you probably have never heard of her.  She's brilliant.  Take my word for it.

How many pairs of shoes do you own?  I had no idea so I had to count.  I have a pile next to my bed with the shoes I wear the most often.  There are 12 pairs in that pile.  Eight of those 12 are running shoes.  After I counted all of the shoes in my closet, I came up with 28 pairs.

If you could live in any historical time period, which would you choose?  I thought about this one for a long time and decided that there isn't a time period I'd choose to live in other than now.  I'm a big fan of modern medicine and technology and heated seats.

How many cups of coffee do you drink on an average day?  I might end up with a lot of unfollows after this: zero.  I love the smell of coffee, but don't care for the taste.  Besides, I'm naturally caffeinated.

What is your biggest pet peeve?  Helplessness.  We all need help every now and then.  The idea is to receive help and learn to do things on our own.  Some people miss that part.

Brussels sprouts: delicious or disgusting?  Delicious when they're raw.  I've never actually tasted them cooked.  I can't get past the smell, so I'll have to say disgusting when they're cooked.

What is your favorite beer?  Or, if you don't drink beer, why not?  I don't like beer.  Again, the smell.  I much prefer martinis.

What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Spinach smoothie with yogurt, frozen cherries, frozen blueberries and chocolate protein powder.

My 11 nominees (in no particular order):
  1. I Can Walk as Fast as You Run
  2. Mommy Run Fast
  3. Running for Dummies
  4. The Unnatural Mother
  5. Run with Jess
  6. One Miles To Go
  7. Happy Fit Mama
  8. Eat, Run, Sail
  9. From Couch to Iron Woman
  10. My (mostly) Healthy Life
  11. Mom Running on Empty

11 questions for my nominees:
  1. What's your favorite reality TV show?
  2. Do you play an instrument?
  3. Have you ever broken a bone?
  4. Are you scared of bugs?
  5. What's your favorite movie?
  6. Do you enjoy cooking?
  7. Do you have any pets?  If yes, how many and what kind?
  8. What is your favorite job?
  9. Are you afraid of the dark?
  10. Have you ever traveled to another country?
  11. If you run, do you enjoy running in the rain?
To my 11 nominees, leave a comment with your answers, or write your own post.  Let me know when it's published.  I want to learn more about you! (If you've already written a Liebster post, send me the link!)

To everyone else, I want to learn more about you too!  Leave me a comment with your answers, or even just a few answers if you don't have time to answer all of the questions.

I look forward to reading about everyone else!



9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much girl!! I will try and answer your questions in a post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning new things about other bloggers! Fun award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww it makes me happy that you are the happiest ever right now. Its such an uplifting thing to read someone write, truly made me smile :) Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's absolutely true. Life is good. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination!! I will try to answer these questions in a post soon! I have already done a nomination post but I love the questions so I am excited to answer them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag! I have done one before but yours are new questions so I'll tackle it later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I just saw you did this but I tagged you too! http://itsaharleyyylife.com/tag-youre-it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I'm heading over to check it out! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks Jamie. I finally did my post this morning! Sorry it took so long!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.