For my fitness goals:
- definition in my arms ~ I'm well on my way! The kettlebell challenge gave me a jump start on this. I will continue to swing the 'bell and increase the weight.
- less jiggle in the belly ~ The #lovemyabs and the Plank challenges are helping me firm things up in my midsection. I'm also keeping the sugar consumption "reasonable"...ish.
- wear my heart rate monitor for one run a week to make sure I keep my effort easy ~ I'm totally rocking this one. Tuesday is my "heart rate" day. I wear my heart rate monitor for my Tuesday morning runs and I keep my heart rate below 70% of maximum. It usually ends up being around 64%. I only forgot to wear the heart rate monitor one time so far but I made sure to keep the run easy that day and I'm sure, had I been wearing the monitor, it would have shown that my heart rate was below 70%.
I also gave trail running another shot. It was snowy and slippery and cold and so much fun! I can't wait to do it again. See what happens when I get brave? Although I do suspect my bravery will come to a temporary hault when the bugs come out in the spring. Ew.
Now, my non-fitness goals:
- play more games ~ I'm on it! The girls and I play games 5 or 6 days a week. They've learned to play Connect Four, Sorry, Dominoes and Uno. Aleena is good at Uno and beats me every time we play.
- make an effort with my appearance ~ this one is slow-going. I do wear a necklace most days, I put on "real" pants (not yoga pants) almost every day and I wore make up at least 5 times in January. Better than the 3 times I wore makeup (each month) in 2012.
- learn to accessorize ~ I'm working on it. My friend, Andrea, who is very fashionable, came with me to an accessory store, but I was still very overwhelmed with the amount of stuff in the store. Plus, when we went, it was close to dinner time and really, who can concentrate on accessories when there is food to be eaten?!
- show my eyebrows some love ~ I have plucked my brows 4 times since January 1st. Go me!
- buy shoes that are not sneakers or running shoes ~ I haven't gotten to this yet. I've tried, really, I have, but didn't find anything. I will keep looking. I promise.
I think this year is off to a pretty good start. Thanks to all of YOU for holding me accountable. I can't ditch my goals when I have an audience. ;-)
How is your 2013 going? Are you on your way to making your goals?