Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kettlebell Workouts: Week 5

Welcome to the last week of the Swing in the New Year Kettlebell Challenge! 

Who's still swingin'?  Me, me, me!

I'm totally in love with the kettlebell.  Shh, don't tell my husband.

By the way, sorry this post is coming out on Tuesday instead of Monday as usual.  We had a crazy-fun-busy weekend away at an indoor water park.  It was a great time and we all came home with some kind of chlorine-induced skin irritation and completely exhausted.  We're already planning next year's trip.

Back to business....

My kettlebell challenge is almost over and I've been wondering: what's next?

Well, my BRF Anne is having a Fit February Challenge!  I'm going to continue with the 30 minutes of kettlebell 3 times a week for February.  Click on over and join me!  Word on the street: there will be a prize!

Now, for the kettlebell exercise of the week:

I've been loving all over this exercise that I got from Active.com: The Halo
 
Hold the kettlebell by the horns over your head.  Move your upper body in a circular motion keeping your core tight.  Good stuff.  It doesn't feel hard in the moment.  Wait until the next day.  Bwahahahaha!
 
This next move is what happens when my camera man, aka husband, tells me to break it down.  He also dared me to post it.  I don't have a problem making fun of myself. 


Happy swingin'! (Or whatever it is that you do when no one is looking.)

Did you make it to the end of the challenge?  Hooray!  I did!  Three 30 minute kettlebell workouts a week, every week!
Will you join us for Anne's Fit February Challenge?  I'm always up for a challenge!

Also, don't forget, the Pretty Muddy discount code GIRLTIME is only good for 2 more days and will work for any race location, nation-wide!  If you're in the Columbus area, join our team!  Register with the team Powerful in Pink for the 9am wave to hang with Anne and I for 3.1 muddy miles.  If you're on the fence about this mud run, check out the obstacles here.  They look really fun.

Have a great day, friends!

6 comments:

  1. I don't often do much with kettlebells, but they are kinda fun whenever I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love kettlebells! a fun way to change up your workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found something you really like. Maybe someday I'll try it when I'm over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tank & love that you can laugh at yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks! The tank was a Christmas present from my BRFs!
      Also, I might as well make fun of myself, someone else is going to anyway. :)

      Delete
  5. Kim has me trying kettlebell when I train with her. I am planning to buy one for home. Just need to get swinging!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.