Monday, January 21, 2013

Kettlebell Workouts: Week 4

Woohoo!  Three weeks down!

I have to admit, other than running, this is the longest I've stuck with any exercise routine.  At least 30 minutes, three times a week for three weeks.  I'm seeing a difference in my arms, chest, waist and hips, are you?

I weighed and measured myself at the beginning of this month, and again last week.  I lost 5 pounds (!!) and one inch from my waist and chest (hooray!) and half of an inch from my hips and thighs.  I'm thrilled about the inch from my chest.  I used to wear a much smaller bra and I long to go back...hormones from pregnancy and breastfeeding are evil.

I don't ever share exact numbers for weight or measurements and here's why: I'm a small person and not many of you out there will ever weigh what I weigh because you're 6-8 inches taller than I am.  I don't want anyone to see the number on my scale and feel discouraged, so I just keep it to myself.

I didn't think to measure my arms at the beginning of the month, but I did measure them last week and I'll measure everything again at the end of the month.  I'm seeing a lot more definition in my shoulders and arms.  I've also noticed that certain exercises are getting pretty easy with the lighter kettlebell.  Hooray for getting stronger!

I have one pretty sweet exercise to share with you this week.  I'm having a hard time finding moves that are completely different from what I've already shared.

This one is called Spider Drags from Shape Magazine.

1. Start in a forearm plank with the kettlebell behind your right elbow.  2. Straightening one arm at a time, move to push-up position.  3. Reach over with your left hand.  4. Drag the kettlebell to the left side.  Lower down into a forearm plank, repeat with the other side.  That's one rep.  Try to do 12.  It's hard.  Have fun.

How is your Swing in the New Year Challenge going?  Are you keeping up?  Have you tried the Spider Drag?  I love the burn...

5 comments:

  1. I love working with kettlebells too. They add diversion to typical weight workouts. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed out on doing this challenge due to being poor and kettlebell-less, but wanted to say WOOO on your weight loss/definition! Having just started lifting again, I totally feel you on the burn! So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks hard! Going to try it though. Thanks for the new kettlebell ideas. And keep up all your great efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spider drag thing looks cool! Great job on the weight and inches lost!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.