Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Changes for the New Year


Happy 2013, y'all!

I'm not a big fan of "resolutions".  I've tried that in the past.  One year, my New Year's resolution was to stop swearing.  I think I made it 3 hours.

Last year, I had goals.  One of which was to start using the weight machine (that I lovingly call The Monstrosity) that is in my basement.  I finally got around to accomplishing this goal in November, but hey, I did it.

This year, I'm making changes.  Some changes are fitness-related, some are not.

Fitness Changes:
  • definition in my arms ~ Hello kettlebell challenge!  I have a weekend trip to an indoor water park planned for the end of this month, I wouldn't mind my arms looking nice and toned by then.  Maybe that will be more noticeable than their pasty white-ness.
  • less jiggle in the belly ~ this will involve cutting out sugar.  I may not survive such a change.
  • wear my heart rate monitor for one run a week to make sure I keep my effort easy.  2013 will be the year of NO injuries, thank you very much.
Non-Fitness Changes:
  • play more games ~ board games!  That's something that we don't do too often in our house: we're not game players!  We got a bunch of games for Christmas and I really want to play with the little ladies.
  • make an effort with my appearance ~ this sounds totally vain, and it is.  During the average month in 2012, I wore make up three times.  I completely neglected my eyebrows, plucked them 3 times and didn't have them waxed a single time all year, luckily, they're blond, but seriously.  This needs to change!  I've done the work with the rest of my body; I'm wearing pre-baby sized clothes and I'm (mostly) happy with the way I look in them.  Now it's time to make the effort.
    • learn to accessorize ~  Currently, other than my wedding rings, I don't really wear jewelry.  It's not that I don't have the jewelry.  I just don't wear it.  I only take my earrings out to clean them, then I put them back in.  I never change them.  I have no idea how to wear a fashion scarf or how to coordinate those long really cool necklaces.  I'm going to need help with this.  My friend, Andrea, is very fashionable.  She's always accessorized.  I'm hoping she can teach me.  (Please, Andrea?)
    • show my damn eyebrows some love!
    • buy shoes that are not sneakers or running shoes ~ I have the cute outfit, the cute accessories, make up and sculpted eye brows and I'll wear it all with a dirty pair of Asics.  Hot.
By the time 2014 rolls around, I'll be a whole new me!

Do you make resolutions?  Goals?  Changes?  Another name?
Care to share a one or two?

9 comments:

  1. I love reading what people decide to make their goals for the year! Last year, one of mine was working on my appearance and it changed my life! I feel so much better...in general when I look nice.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and here I was thinking this was such a vain change! I'm happy to hear (read) this! Thanks for the validation!

      Delete
  2. My most important goal is to keep running the entire year! I want to do a 10K this year- I'm aiming for the Columbus 10K in June.

    If you're not already, I recommend buying a matching set of sexy panties and bra. It helps a lady feel hotter, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the word commitment instead of resolutions or changes. Commitment. I liked it.

    If I go outside fitness, maybe I'll actually get out of the house for work and into the office in real clothes more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I'm right there with the 2012 you on appearances. I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to beautify though. Can I just live vicariously though you instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead, Mandy! I've already plucked my eyebrows TWICE! Craziness!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.