Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wordy Thursday

Wordy Thursday?  Hey, I make the rules around here...

Randy has been in Las Vegas for work since Sunday morning.  Yes, for work.  I'm sure he's not having any fun at all.  None.  And he's not eating any good food either.  Poor thing.

Squeezing in my runs while he's gone has been a little tricky, since I like to avoid the treadmill.  On Tuesday, I dropped Ellie off at my friend, Kate's house, then dropped Aleena off at preschool and ran six glorious miles before I had to feed Ellie lunch and get her off to PM kindergarten.

Today, I dropped Aleena off at preschool and took Ellie running with me.
Armed with her Princess Laptop for entertainment.
Playing with the Princess Laptop lasted about 30 seconds.  After that, Ellie asked endless questions from "why is that car running?" to "are you cold?" to "why are there holes in the curb?"
 
Have you ever spent time with a five year old?  Most of them never. stop. talking.  Mine is no exception to the rule.  It can be exhausting, especially when I have to heave-ho her 45 pound body in a stroller against the wind.
 
At mile 2, I stopped so she could get out and run with me.  She was a little less chatty...
 
Run, Ellie, run!!


When we got back home, we both felt better.

Running.  It does a body and spirit good.

2.34 miles
26:31
11:19 min/mi

Do you run with a stroller on a regular basis?  Not me.  I avoid it as much as possible.
Do you run with your kids?  What age did you start? Occasionally, Ellie will run with Randy or I.  Usually it's around the block.

3 comments:

  1. It would be so cool if my son actually ran with me sometime! He is usually exhausted or injured so he limits his support to biking along side of me and correcting my form (if I ask him to).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting a stroller run in, I know you hate that thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job running with the stroller! Running with my 30lb kid is hard enough, I'm scared for when he gets bigger and for when I have to push to double. I love the princess laptop! Too cute.

    I did probably 90% of my running with the stroller before. I'm sure I'll still run with it quite a bit in the future, but I'd really like to become an early morning runner to avoid it for at least a few runs a week. You and Anne have inspired me with your super early runs!

    Great job fitting in your running while solo parenting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.