Monday, December 31, 2012

Swing in the New Year: A Kettlebell Challenge


I got a kettlebell for Christmas from my mom. 

Of course, I had no idea how to use a kettlebell.  It came with a DVD with three workouts on it.  I was super excited to try it out.

When I did, WOW!  That thing works muscles that are usually neglected.  I loved it!


...and an idea was born.

I'm always participating in challenges posted by other bloggers--more well-known bloggers.  This time, I'm going to start my own.

Introducing the Swing in the New Year kettlebell challenge!  I'm challenging myself to use the kettlebell to show some love to those under-worked muscles for at least 30 minutes THREE times a week for the month of January and I'm inviting YOU (the handful of people who read this blog) to join me!  Tweet using the hashtag #swingin2013.

Let's be swingers together!

Hmm...that sounded better in my head.

Who's in?  Will you join me for the Swing in the New Year challenge?

16 comments:

  1. I SO WILL!!! when my KB arrives with the moving van :-)

    Im in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good luck with the unpacking! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! You need to try it out on Monday.

      Delete
  3. I would join in if I had some kettlebells. It's actually on my wish list for this year but first I would like to research them. I look forward to following your challenge. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good luck with your research! :)

      Delete
  4. I love my kettlebell and use it regularly! Great idea for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since Santa brought me one also - I'll give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this may be just what I need. What size kettle bell would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a 3 in 1, 5lb, 8lb, 12lb. The brand is Empower and my mom--ahem, Santa--got it at Kohl's. I was afraid, at first, that the 5lb would be too light, but I do a lot of one-armed exercises and 5lbs is plenty!
      If you want to do more 2-armed exercises/swings, you could go heavier; 15 or 20lbs.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.