When I was 16 or 17, I had to fill out a questionnaire at the dentist's office and one of the questions was "How many times per week to you floss?" Of course, my answer was 7+ and the hygienist didn't believe me, after all, I was a child. What do I know about oral hygiene? Until she looked in my mouth.
I take my teeth very seriously. My parents spent a lot of money and I went through a lot of pain and suffering to get this straight smile; two years, two months and 27 days (not that I counted) of braces and headgear! It was pretty awful, but totally worth it. These are the only teeth I'm going to get, I'd like to keep them for as long as possible.
I had my very first cavity when I was 31 years old. I blame baby-induced sleep deprivation for my apparent sucky brushing that year. Otherwise, my dentist tells me at every appointment that I make his job easy. Happy to oblige.
I plugged in the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 to get it all charged up as soon as it was delivered. I couldn't wait to test it out!
My instructions were to use the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 for two weeks before I review it, but on the very first day, I knew I loved it. When I finished brushing, my teeth felt squeaky clean.
Really. They squeaked when I rubbed them with my finger.
I felt like I just left the dentist's chair.
Here is what I love most about the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000:
- The clean. It pulsates 40,000 times per minute! My teeth have never felt this clean with my manual toothbrush.
- The timer. Two minutes is a long time. I like that I can see the timer counting, I know how much longer I have to brush in the quadrant I'm working on.
- The sad face. Within the first three seconds that I had this toothbrush in my mouth, I knew I was brushing too hard because I saw this on the screen:
- The little flossers on the toothbrush head. Those little babies wiggle around in between my teeth to dig out any trapped food particles.
- The battery life. Once my Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 was completely charged, I unplugged it. I used it twice a day for a week before the battery level fell to the bottom light. One whole week and the low battery indicator never came on. This brush is certainly vacation-worthy. I will be putting that travel case to use!
I love, love, love this toothbrush and think everyone should have one. Right now, Oral-B has a rebate! Who doesn't love to save a little money?!
You have until December 31st to claim a $20 mail-in rebate. Visit OralB.com for more information.
Go! Check it out!
Like Oral-B on Facebook.
Follow Oral-B on Twitter.
While you're there, follow me too! :-)
Thank you, ModernMom, for this opportunity!
Like ModernMom on Facebook.
Follow ModernMom on Twitter.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Modern Mom on behalf of Oral-B and received a product sample to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.
Have you tried the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000? How about any other power toothbrush?
Do you think a power toothbrush does a better job cleaning than a manual toothbrush?