Friday, December 21, 2012

Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 Review

Over the past couple of weeks, I've had the opportunity to test out the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000.
Before I got my hands on this snazzy gadget, I was using this little number that I got from my dentist. I think it's the Colgate 360.
Why yes, those bristles are pink.
I've always been big on oral care.  I brush at least twice a day and I floss at least once a day...I've been this way for as long as I can remember.

When I was 16 or 17, I had to fill out a questionnaire at the dentist's office and one of the questions was "How many times per week to you floss?" Of course, my answer was 7+ and the hygienist didn't believe me, after all, I was a child.  What do I know about oral hygiene?  Until she looked in my mouth.

I take my teeth very seriously.  My parents spent a lot of money and I went through a lot of pain and suffering to get this straight smile; two years, two months and 27 days (not that I counted) of braces and headgear!  It was pretty awful, but totally worth it.  These are the only teeth I'm going to get, I'd like to keep them for as long as possible.

I had my very first cavity when I was 31 years old. I blame baby-induced sleep deprivation for my apparent sucky brushing that year.  Otherwise, my dentist tells me at every appointment that I make his job easy.  Happy to oblige.

I plugged in the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 to get it all charged up as soon as it was delivered.  I couldn't wait to test it out!
It even came with a travel case!
My instructions were to use the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 for two weeks before I review it, but on the very first day, I knew I loved it.  When I finished brushing, my teeth felt squeaky clean.

Really.  They squeaked when I rubbed them with my finger.

I felt like I just left the dentist's chair.

Here is what I love most about the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000:
  • The clean.  It pulsates 40,000 times per minute!  My teeth have never felt this clean with my manual toothbrush.
  • The timer.  Two minutes is a long time.  I like that I can see the timer counting, I know how much longer I have to brush in the quadrant I'm working on.
  • The sad face.  Within the first three seconds that I had this toothbrush in my mouth, I knew I was brushing too hard because I saw this on the screen:
"Whoa, Lady!  You're hurting me!  Ease up, will ya?"
  •  The little flossers on the toothbrush head.  Those little babies wiggle around in between my teeth to dig out any trapped food particles.
  • The battery life.  Once my Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000 was completely charged, I unplugged it.  I used it twice a day for a week before the battery level fell to the bottom light.  One whole week and the low battery indicator never came on.  This brush is certainly vacation-worthy.  I will be putting that travel case to use! 

I love, love, love this toothbrush and think everyone should have one.  Right now, Oral-B has a rebate!  Who doesn't love to save a little money?! 

You have until December 31st to claim a $20 mail-in rebate.  Visit OralB.com for more information.

Go!  Check it out!
Like Oral-B on Facebook.
Follow Oral-B on Twitter.
While you're there, follow me too! :-)

Thank you, ModernMom, for this opportunity!
Like ModernMom on Facebook.
Follow ModernMom on Twitter.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Modern Mom on behalf of Oral-B and received a product sample to facilitate my review.  All opinions are my own.

Have you tried the Oral-B® Professional™ Precision 5000?  How about any other power toothbrush?
Do you think a power toothbrush does a better job cleaning than a manual toothbrush?

7 comments:

  1. I've really never used a power brush, but this one looks pretty good. Anything that will help in the flossing area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 minutes will make your dentist happy! And it makes my cleanings go a lot quicker when I do visit the dentist. I love my Oral B! It's a simpler version than this one - I would love to upgrade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked in the dental field for 15 years and this is and has been my FAVORITE toothbrush!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an older model Oral B that I still love... but I do think the sad face on this one is a great idea!

    Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have spin brushes, but hubs dentist just told him he needs a better one...the one they recommended is like $100 WOHOA but for healthy teeth totally worth it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always heard that spin brushes are better but have yet to get one. One day I'll give in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also used this brush. I love it too. Securing your teeth with good products are best and important as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.