Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I have some news!

Two weeks ago, while I was in the midst of writing my Ragnar recap posts, I received an email from the FitFluential team inviting me to become a FitFluential Ambassador!  I had to read it three times.  Then I logged out of my email and logged back in to see if the message was still there.  It was.
Let's back up a minute here. 

What is FitFluential?
"FitFluential is a nationwide network of highly influential fitness enthusiasts sharing their journey both online and offline through multiple social media platforms. Founded in April of 2011 by Kelly Olexa, FitFluential was designed to connect health and wellness brands with their ideal target market through customized, long-term experiential and contextual marketing campaigns."
Highly influential fitness enthusiasts?  And they want ME as an ambassador?  Ok, yes, I suppose I have become a bit of a fitness enthusiast...but influential?

Until this past Saturday, I didn't really see it.

I usually run my weekend long runs with friends, but no plans were made for this weekend, so I ran in my neighborhood.  Most early mornings, I'm in solitude in my 'hood.  I see a handful of cars, a bunch of bunnies, occasionally a skunk, but very, very rarely another human.  Saturday morning, as soon as I turned off my street, I saw a very bright headlamp heading toward me.

No. Freaking. Way.

We said hello to each other as we passed and I expected that I wouldn't see him again and went about my run.  I did see him again.  I saw him on every loop as he ran the opposite direction I ran.  I named him Faceless Guy since all I could see was the bright light of his headlamp.  I have no idea what the guy looks like.  When I saw him for the third time, I asked him how far he was going, he told me that he was done and asked how far I was going.  I told him that I planned 10 miles and said good bye and have a nice day.  When I got to the other side of the loop, there he was again!

"I thought you were done?"
"Eh, one more lap!"

Hey, check that out.  I influenced Faceless Guy.

A few hours later, I checked the news on Facebook.  What?  Don't you get all of your news from Facebook (and The Twitter)?  Like there's a more reputable source for getting information?

I saw that a Facebook friend of mine ran her first 5K that morning.  How freaking awesome is that?!  I left her a comment congratulating her and she responded:
@Jamie~you've been my motivation for a long time my friend. So, thank you!
To quote Kai-Lan, this makes my heart feel super happy!

I love that others are seeing how fun running and exercising can be and trying it out themselves.  I suppose I am kind of influential...on a very, very small scale.

What does a FitFluential Ambassador do?

Use social media to promote fitness and share stories of how we fit exercise into our lives.  Pretty much what I've already been doing.  Except now, I'll have to opportunity to gain more readers and followers and make more connections in the running and fitness community.  I might even get to test and review products.  How cool would that be?!

Are you interested in becoming FitFluential?
Check out the FitFluential Blog
Like FitFluential on Facebook
Follow FitFluential on Twitter
Tweet using the #FitFluential hashtag

FitFluential will be looking for more ambassadors in a few months!


 

8 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.