Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Weekend in Pictures

Friday before Christmas, we packed up all of our holiday outfits, presents, kids and dogs and drove approximately 4 hours north to my parents' house in Sterling Heights, Michigan.  Luckily, Randy's family lives about six miles from my parents so when we go up for a visit, we get to see the whole family.

Saturday: Making cookies with cousins! (Randy's side)










Sunday: Pooches in Michigan





Monday (Christmas Eve)
visiting with Randy's Grandma


with my parents
SANTA!  I know him!


My kids have Santa's eyes.  Coincidence?
Tuesday (Christmas Day)

Who's ready for PRESENTS?!






Cousins! Aleena, Ellie, Audrey, Erin and Leah

Grandma and Papa (Randy's parents) with their bunch of little ladies
Funny story: My mother-in-law wanted grand babies in the worst way.  She prayed for them, she hinted to her kids that she wanted us to reproduce....then--BAM--she got one grand baby a year for 5 years straight.  All girls.  Careful what you wish for, folks. ;-)
Cousins in jammies. Erin, Ellie, Audrey, Aleena and Leah
Wednesday: Finally HOME!
We came home to about 4 inches of snow.  First order of business?  Build a snowman!
It was a very busy, very fun trip.  I'll be busy for the next three days getting caught up on laundry and finding homes for all of these presents!

How was YOUR Christmas weekend?  Did you do any travelling? Did you have out-of-towners come to you? I'm always a fan when people come to us and I don't have to heave-ho kids, dogs and all of our stuff elsewhere. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun weekend! Our snow wasn't wet enough to build a snowman, but we tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful family! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snowman! Too cute! The kids are cute as always.......and were you caught kissing Santa or is it one of the grandparents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't, but I saw (my) Mommy kissing Santa... ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hey! Just found your blog :)
    what great pictures - the kids look sooo cute and so excited!
    Have a happy new year coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.