Sunday, December 30, 2012

13 in 2013 Challenge

I had been thinking about challenging myself to run 13.1 miles thirteen times in 2013.  Not official races, just the distance.

Then I heard about Jill's 13 in 2013 challenge.  Thirteen races in 2013 and possibly win prizes?!  Yes, please!  That's way better than my idea!

Awesome!  I'm all signed up.

Wait.

I can't afford thirteen races!

Aha.  That's where Laura's 5 by the 5th challenge comes in: a virtual race series where the racers run either a 5K or a 5 miler by the 5th of every month from January to June.  Get this: there's a monthly drawing for prizes for that one too!

Yep, signed up for that one too!

So, I already have 6 virtual races plus two real life races scheduled.  I'm already up to 8 races and the year hasn't even started yet.

I am so excited for 2013.

Are you joining in the racing fun?

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad you're joining up, with both challenges. It's going to be a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jamie! 2013 is going to be epic! There will also be 6 13 in 2013 virtual races during the year. I'll post the race calendar this week :)

    Have I already asked you about the ORRRC half? I was there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing both of those challenges too! I love the running community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am both of those challenges too! Great job! I am so bummed - just figured out I can't do ORRRC. :(

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.