Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

So today is December 12, 2012.  12/12/12.  Running 12 miles today is a must.

Randy totally rolled his eyes at me when I told him this.

My alarm went off at a ridiculous hour and I was out the door at 3:30am.  It was cold and there wasn't a soul around.  It was peaceful, actually.  I like having the place to myself, but at the same time, I hate being bored.  Luckily, Flo Rida brought his Apple Bottom jeans and boots with the fur and Taio came to dance, dance, dance, dance.

Thank goodness they were there to keep me company.  I was in complete solitude.  There weren't even any cars for me to dodge.

Me, in the middle of the street dancing.  That was the only action going on in my hood this morning.

Strange sighting: minivan in a driveway with the sliding door wide open.  I, of course, make up stories in my head why the door was left open.  Here's what I came up with: the parent of the house was unloading groceries. ('Cause that's what parents do.)  Kid is playing in the house while parent is doing all of the work, when suddenly, whoops, Kid has a potty accident.  Parent then has to change the task at hand and clean the kid up and throw Kid's wet clothes in the laundry.  When Kid is dry and playing again, parent starts cooking dinner ('cause that's what parents do) and forgets all about the van door being open.  There are probably still groceries in the van.  That's how it would happen in my house...

I considered shutting the door for the family, but then thought to myself: what if it's a trap?  There might be a psycho ax murderer lurking in the van just waiting for a good Samaritan runner to shut the van door. (Hey, it could happen!) So I just ran on by, just to be on the safe side.

Whew, the things that go on in my head...

I'd also like to mention that it's my mom's birthday today!  Woot woot!

Happy birthday, Mommy!!

Another year wiser!
Mom, me and the Little Ladies, August 2009


12/12/12
3:32am (did you just gag a little?  Me too.)
12.12 miles
2:14:12
11:05 average pace (I purposely kept the pace extra slow today.  My legs were due for a long SLOW run.)

How will you be celebrating 12/12/12?

5 comments:

  1. Jealous. Happy for you, but jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy! But crazy in a good way, of course :). I don't know if I could drag myself out of bed at 3:30am to go running. It must have felt great to have gotten in so many miles so early to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the miles today! I so wanted to run 12 miles but dang it Wednesdays are my crosstraining day :/ I like your van story, surely that is exactly what happened. I used to have a neighbor whose van door was ALWAYS left open, it became quite comical actually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your run. What a fun way to celebrate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.