Friday, November 2, 2012

Vidalia Corn Bread Muffins




I've been making these muffins for a long time.  I make them every time we have chili.  The muffins are better than the chili.  I originally got this recipe from a class I took at Williams-Sonoma.

Recipe:
1/2 box corn bread mix
1/2 vidalia onion, chopped, browned and salted
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus a little extra to sprinkle on top

Mix together all but the corn bread mix.
Add corn bread mix--do not over-mix.
Scoop into greased mini-muffin pan.
Sprinkle a few strands of cheddar on top of each muffin.
Bake at 450 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until golden.

Yields about 45 muffins.  Trust me, you'll need that many.

What have you been cooking up lately?
Do you eat corn bread with chili?  I know some people who eat plain bread and butter and some people who eat peanut butter sandwiches with chili.

2 comments:

  1. I love cornbread with chili and my husband thinks I'm crazy for it! I bet he would like these onion ones. Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    Do you ever use reduced fat cheddar cheese?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.