Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And We're Outta Here!

Tomorrow!  Tomorrow!  We're leaving-for-Tennessee, tomorrow!  It's only a day away! (sung to the tune of the Annie song)

I'm SO excited for Ragnar Tennessee! 

Never heard of it? 196ish miles, 12 runners (and 2 drivers), 36 hours of relay-running in the hills of Tennessee.  Our team name is We Thought They Said "RUM!" and we call ourselves Rummers.  Our team is quite the mix of personalities and stages of life; it keeps things interesting.

I'm the captain of the team because...well, no one else wanted the job.  It hasn't been all that overwhelming though, probably because I love lists and I'm a manager by nature.  (I taught kindergarten and first grade before Ellie was born.  Teachers HAVE to be managers.)  I'm also not easily overwhelmable.  Lookey there, I made up a word.

I've checked and double checked everything on my lists: 
  • the vans are ready to be picked up in the morning
  • the hotel rooms are reserved and will be waiting for us tomorrow afternoon. (I checked on that one three times)
  • my packing lists are being crossed off as I type
This is what packing looks like:

And this is what was in my grocery cart this morning:
Only because I already have the Swedish Fish.
I know I've mentioned before that my first leg has a lot of elevation gain.  Actually, it's a freaking mountain.

Holy crap.
If you never hear from me again, this is why.  Kidding.  I hope.

Kate, Anne, Allen, Angie, Andrea, Richard, Doug, Amanda, Greg, Ken, Melissa and drivers Mary and Kurt, I can't wait to run through the mountains with you this weekend!

Have you ever run a relay before?  This is my first.
Are there any mountains near you?  None by me, Central Ohio is pretty flat compared to TN, but I've trained to the best of my abilities for this.

More to come, with lots of pictures next week!  Wish us luck! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I FREAKING CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Central Ohio is pretty flat compared to the surface of a mirror.
    I'm expecting updates and I'll be cheering for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.