Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Columbus Half Marathon training: Week 10

Another great week last week!  I got in another round of Ragnar training with 5 miles of hill repeats Wednesday morning, another 5 mile run Wednesday night and a 6 mile run Thursday morning.

A few bummers this week: I didn't get to ride Blue and I completely blew off strength training.  I'm a little disappointed in myself for that.  I'll make sure I get it in next week.

Last Sunday afternoon, I got a text message from my friend, and Ragnar teammate, Allen asking if I wanted company for my run on Monday.  I'll never turn down company for my morning runs.

Wednesday, Angie met me at the bottom of a big ass hill at 4:30am.  I know I've said that my neighborhood is pretty flat.  Let me clarify: I have 3 feet of elevation change in my entire 'hood.  The hill that we ran on Wednesday is a 70 foot gain in .3mi.  When I arrived, I told Angie that I'd be happy if we ran it 5 times.  While it's still not enough elevation practice for Ragnar, it's the most I've climbed since Cleveland...possibly ever.  Angie is a great cheerleader and I was very thankful I had her with me.  We ran that hill SEVEN times!  Success!  My goal for next time is 10 times.  If I were to get the same elevation gain that I'll have in Tennessee, I'll have to run it 24 times.  I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Wednesday night, I ran a fast and dark 5 miles with Kate, who had been in California on vacation for a week.  It was nice to catch up.  I'd missed her.  Thursday morning was my first (and only) solo run of the week and on Saturday, I met a bunch of my usual weekend crazies (plus one new comer!  I'm pretty sure we didn't scare her off and she'll be back) for 10 miles.

I'm so excited for the Columbus Half Marathon next week!  I have many friends who are running it, many of them are running their first (half or full marathon).  I can't wait to see them at the start, then watch them cross the finish! 

Crap. 

I'm going to cry.  Signing off now.

Week 10
Monday- Run: 5mi
Tuesday- Rest
Wednesday- AM Run: 5mi, PM Run: 5mi
Thursday- Run: 6.05mi
Friday- Rest
Saturday- Run: 10.07mi
Sunday- Rest
Total miles for week 10: 31.12
Total running miles: 31.12

How was YOUR week? 
Are you running Columbus?  Feel ready?  I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so dedicated :) Great job!!! I always run-alk, wal-un (whatever you want to call it) alone- although I am sure I couldnt keep up a conversation (maybe a goal, not to be gasping for air???)How long has it taken you to do a half? Just curious- :) Keep it up!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never run over 18 miles in a week and that was back in the spring.About to start training for my 1st half!! Guess the mileage scale will tip over then. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.