Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Saucony Girl

I never really considered myself "brand loyal", but it seems that I'm a Saucony girl. 

I bought a new pair of running shoes two weeks ago.  I tried on three pairs, all different brands and ended up with the Saucony Guide 5.

My fifth pair of Saucony shoes in. a. row.

Aren't they pretty?  They smell good too.  Randy caught me sniffing them, he just rolled his eyes and shook his head. 

Crazy runners.

The first time I wore them, I felt something pressing into my ankle bone on both ankles.  Not cool.  I compared the shape of the shoe with the Omni that I'm wearing and the shape isn't all that different.  Then I saw it. The tongue of the Guide is gigantic really wide.  By the end of my run, they weren't bothering me anymore and I noticed that the tongues slid to the side a little.

I wore them again a few days later and I positioned the tongues to the side to begin with.  No problems.

At the expo for the Columbus Marathon, I asked the rep at the Saucony booth about the ridiculously wide tongues.  He lifted his pants a little so I could see his shoes with tongues to the side.

Alrighty then.

Otherwise, the shoes feel great.  Nice and cushy, the right amount of support and the colors are cute.  (Obviously, the color is the most important part!) But (oh come on, you knew there was a but) the Guide 6 comes out next month, which means next time I need new shoes, it will be yet another experiment.  Sigh.

Does it drive you crazy that the shoe companies come out with a new version for all shoes every year?  I, for one, would really like to find a shoe that I love and be able to buy it every time I need it for the rest of my life.  Is that asking too much?!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with you - the glycerin 9's are ok. The 10's were horrible but I really like the NB 790's I (still) wear. At least at the moment it doesn't matter too much ;-)
    It's crazy that you have to go through a lot of effort to get the first pair of shoes just right and then they're not available anymore not even a year later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely with you on the stick to the shoe thing! I've been sticking to my preferred shoes for a LONG time and they are discontinuing it after this year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.