Friday, September 28, 2012

We Can All Be Princesses

I have a dream.

I have a dream that someday I will be a princess. 

In my dream, I run with joy through a magical land with thousands of other princesses.

By now you may have placed the setting of my dream in Disney World during the Disney Princess Half Marathon.

Anyone who knew me growing up can guess exactly which princess I'd dress as for this race.



source

From the moment I saw the movie Beauty and the Beast, I've had a little princess-crush on Belle.  Who wouldn't?  She's smart, strong-willed, outspoken and brave. 

I like to think that I have all of those qualities. 

Yes, they are all qualities...even though some of the said qualities can get me into trouble from time to time. (cough strong-willed cough)


I got to be a princess once.  A long, long time ago, in a far-away land, I got to choose a wedding dress for my big day.  There were two contenders.  I remember describing them over the phone to Carrie,  my long-distance BFF / maid of honor.  I told her about the first one then I said, "...and the second dress, when I put it on, I feel like Belle..."  Carrie said, "Well that's the one you have to wear!"  Like it was a no-brainer.  Looking back, it really was a no-brainer.  It was a magical dress that transformed me into Belle, if only for the day.
Nope, no Beast here.

Someday, I will be a princess again....

This magical dream I have to run in Disney, it's not only mine.  Many princesses-in-waiting have this dream, specifically, eight women--including myself--connected by Twitter and running, share this dream of running the Disney Princess Half Marathon together.  Anne, Deanna, Tina, Rebecca, Rosalinda, Janice, Jenny, and me.  We support each other and our efforts to be the best princesses we can be through Twitter using the hashtag #FiTASTICMomsRun.  If you see us out there in the Twitterverse, feel free to join in the fun!

We are eight princesses-in-waiting, all very different, with a common bond.  Most of us have never met in real life (IRL) and we long to do so.  Someday it will happen.  I know this because we're keeping our dream alive.


Which Disney Princess do YOU want to be when you grow up? (as far as I'm concerned, it will be a while before I'm a grown-up)
Have you ever run a Disney event? If so, which one? If not, is a Disney event on your bucket list? I think we all know my answer to that one.

2 comments:

  1. 3 of my best friends and I are running the Disney Princess in 2013! I made a comment at one of our girls weekends about how cool it would be for all them to be at disney when I cross the finish line. Which turned into a whole fitness and running revolution because they didn't want to just watch me cross the finish line, they wanted to cross the finish line with me! So totally awesome! And we're all so full of little kid excitement for it, it's ridiculous!

    (oh, I'd be Belle too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love this story!! I can't wait to runDisney with you as Belle, you will be gorgeous darling...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.