Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Columbus Half Marathon Training: Week 7



Week seven!!! (in a sing-song voice)  Pain -free in week seven!  I can't even tell you how great it feels to say those words.  Pain-free.  It's about damn time.

It was an exciting running week for me.  I had group runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  Fleet Feet Sports has Pub Runs every once in a while, group runs that start at the store and finish at the bar next door with beer and flat bread pizzas.  Pub Runs are sponsored by shoe vendors and it just happened that two vendors wanted runs the same week.

Twice the fun for us!  Randy and I have been bringing the girls with us to the pub runs and ours aren't the only kiddos there.  Just look at all of the kids who are learning how much fun it is to be active and healthy.

Picture taken from Fleet Feet's Facebook page
Thursday and Friday, I did my first Ragnar training runs.  I ran Thursday morning, Thursday evening and Friday morning.  I was really nervous about it, afraid to over-do it with the hip, but everything felt great!  Good thing, because I have to do it again in a few weeks!

I ran 15.67 miles Thursday and Friday.  My Ragnar runs total 17+ miles.  I still have some work to do.  Oh and have I mentioned that my first leg in the Ragnar Relay is 1500 feet of uphill?  Yes, I have some work to do.


Week 7
Monday- Run: 3.39mi, Bike: 4.9mi
Tuesday- Strength: Abs & Arms, Run: 4.8mi
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday-AM Run: 3mi, PM Run: 3.67mi
Friday- Run: 9mi
Saturday- Rest
Sunday- Run: 3mi
Total miles for Week 7: 31.76
Total running miles for Week 7: 26.86

How was your week of training?

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!! Nice week of training, so happy you are pain free, that is fabulous! Don't sweat Ragnar, as much as the stacked runs are important, you are also training for a half, which will give you the support/training you need for Ragnar. I had two half marry's three weeks before my second Ragnar, and it was good and all, but I could of run better if I didn't kill myself before Ragnar. 15.67 miles in two days is incredible

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.