Monday, September 3, 2012

Columbus Half Marathon Training: Week 4




I started the week sick.  Again.  I must have had some kind of virus, I felt really run down and I had a mouth full of canker sores.  It was awful.  It hurt to eat, talk and touch my face.  I even blew off my cross train day on Tuesday to sleep in a little.

My run on Wednesday morning went well, but my Thursday run was a struggle.  It was hot, I was tired and really not into the run.  It was even a group run and it still sucked.

Even wearing these awesome laces didn't make me want to run.
I had to take many walk breaks.  I think I'm better off doing my mid-week long runs in the morning when it's cooler and saving a shorter run for the evening group run in the heat.  I will make that change next week.

Saturday was another group run and we had a big group!  I was so thrilled to run an entire long run with my BRF (best running friend) Anne.  I had 10 miles on the plan.  It was my first double digit run post-Cleveland.  I had a little hip soreness at the beginning of the week, so I wasn't sure how my hip was going to tolerate 10 miles.  It did great!  I had no tightness, soreness, pain--nothing!  Woohoo!

My IT band (on the other leg), however, was voicing some concerns.  Seriously?  It's always something, isn't it?  The foam roller is now my IT band's new BFF.  Last time I had an IT band flare up, using the foam roller a couple of times a day helped a lot. 

 
********************
In other news, a friend of mine set up a Plank A Day Challenge on Facebook.  We plank, every day, in the prone position (push-up position) and on both sides.
Plank A Day Challenge

I must admit, I haven't been doing a whole lot of planking.  I don't really like planks so they aren't exactly high up on my priority list.  This challenge will force me to get them done.

If you're on Facebook, you should join us!  If you're not on Facebook, you should do it anyway!  Let me know how it goes!
*********************


Week 4
Monday- Run: 2.61
Tuesday- Rest
Wednesday- Run: 3.38mi
Thursday-  Run: 5mi
Friday- Strength: Abs & Arms
Saturday- Run: 10mi
Sunday-  Rest
Total Mileage for Week 2- 20.99
Total Running Mileage- 20.99

No bike this week!  (horrors!)  I'll have to remedy that next week!

How was YOUR training this week?
Will you join the Plank A Day Challenge?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like your Sweat Pink laces! :) Here's something...you ran MORE than I did last week! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.