I'm always up for a fun survey, so when I read Monday's blog post from Another Mother Runner, I thought it would be fun to participate.
10 Running Related Personal Questions. (When I read that, I braced myself expecting questions about undies, chaffing and periods...have no fear, you won't find those here!)
1. Best run ever: Sunday, April 15, 2012. Back in April, we had just found out that my grandmother was sick, my stomach was a ball of nerves, I was crying at the drop of a hat and I went out to run in the rain. At first it was a light sprinkle, then it started pouring and it seemed to wash all of the stress away. For three whole miles, I felt calm and collected. I felt like a child splashing through and leaping over the puddles and especially when my mom met me at the door and wrapped me in a towel. The rain, the road, the puddles, the towel...they were exactly what I needed.
2. Three words that describe my running: Relaxing. Energizing. Fun.
3. My go-to running outfit is: Capris and short sleeves is my favorite running outfit. In the summer, I'm in shorts, in the winter: tights.
4. Quirky habit while running: I run in the middle of the road like I own the place. It's a luxury of running at 5am.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning. Hands down. The earlier the better.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Storming. I love running in the rain, but I'm terrified of lightning and thunder is so loud when you're outside.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Hip flexor strain. I couldn't run for months. I went to physical therapy for strengthening exercises, but the only way to heal was to rest. It sucked.
9. Next race is: Columbus Half Marathon on October 21, 2012, followed closely by Ragnar Relay Tennessee in November.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Remain injury-free. This will also be my running goal for 2014 and 2015 and 2016...
Your turn! (that goes for anyone reading this)