Wednesday, September 12, 2012

10 Runner Questions


I'm always up for a fun survey, so when I read Monday's blog post from Another Mother Runner, I thought it would be fun to participate.

10 Running Related Personal Questions. (When I read that, I braced myself expecting questions about undies, chaffing and periods...have no fear, you won't find those here!)

1. Best run ever: Sunday, April 15, 2012.  Back in April, we had just found out that my grandmother was sick, my stomach was a ball of nerves, I was crying at the drop of a hat and I went out to run in the rain.  At first it was a light sprinkle, then it started pouring and it seemed to wash all of the stress away.  For three whole miles, I felt calm and collected.  I felt like a child splashing through and leaping over the puddles and especially when my mom met me at the door and wrapped me in a towel.  The rain, the road, the puddles, the towel...they were exactly what I needed.

2. Three words that describe my running: Relaxing.  Energizing.  Fun. 

3. My go-to running outfit is: Capris and short sleeves is my favorite running outfit.  In the summer, I'm in shorts, in the winter: tights.

4. Quirky habit while running: I run in the middle of the road like I own the place.  It's a luxury of running at 5am.

5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning.  Hands down.  The earlier the better.

6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Storming.  I love running in the rain, but I'm terrified of lightning and thunder is so loud when you're outside.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Hip flexor strain.  I couldn't run for months.  I went to physical therapy for strengthening exercises, but the only way to heal was to rest.  It sucked.

source
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: a (non-runner) friend commended my Cleveland Marathon finish.  My finish time is nothing to be proud of, but she reminded me that it was a huge accomplishment to have survived that race when so many others didn't finish and were taken off the course in an ambulance.  It was a nice reminder that I'm pretty badass.

9. Next race is: Columbus Half Marathon on October 21, 2012, followed closely by Ragnar Relay Tennessee in November.

10. Potential running goal for 2013: Remain injury-free.  This will also be my running goal for 2014 and 2015 and 2016...

Your turn!  (that goes for anyone reading this)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE LIST!! I feel the same way at the wee morning hours...it's my road damn it! Glad you are back on the mend and running again! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad AMR did this, it's a great reminder of all of our accomplishments.

    Http://runjillybean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.