Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wordy Wednesday ~ Random Thoughts

Last night...
Me: I'm going to get brave and cross the main street in the morning on the bike.
Randy: You STILL haven't crossed the street?!

I've been saying for weeks that I was going to cross the street (speed limit on said street is 45mph--s.c.a.r.y.) and ride in another neighborhood so I'm not staring at the same roads over and over...

I'm a chicken.


Random thoughts from my ride:

I'm going to do it.  Today is the day.  Look out world!
Wow!  New batteries in the head lamp makes a huge difference!
I'm going to do it.  After loop one.  I should warm up...right?
I smell skunk.  I hope I don't see skunk.
I'm going to do it. After loop three. (the road to cross is in loop two)
If a rider blows by a stop sign and no one is around to see it, did she break a law?
I'm going to do it.  Here I go.
For crying out loud.  Stop shaking.  Pansy.
Crap there's a car coming.
Left at the light...and... DONE!  I'm in the other hood!  I did it!
Wow!  This road is so smooth! (fresh asphalt)
"...falling from cloud 9, crashing from the high, I'm letting go tonight, yea, I'm falling from cloud 9.  I'm wide awake..." (I know I'm not the only one to sing in my head for entertainment.)
Humph.  There's no one out in this hood either.
Ok, time to head back.
Right at the light, ride one tenth of a mile then turn left into my hood.  I can do this.
Crap.  There's a car coming.
For crying out loud.  Stop shaking!
I did it!  I'm still alive!
Two more miles.  Let's finish this biotch.
"I'm wide awake. Yea, I was in the dark, I was falling hard with an open heart.  I'm wide awake.  How did I read the stars so wrong?"
Hey, look!  A runner!  Good morning, Runner!
Oh.  Shirtless runner.  Not a fan.  Put some clothes on.
Clothing should be required to leave one's house.  Just sayin'.
There goes another stop sign....

5:08am
10.65 miles
15.3 mph <-- fastest dark ride yet!

How was your workout today?  Care to share a random thought or two?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it! Those small things are so hard when it's pitch black, congrats on your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna! Main roads are scary!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.