Monday, July 16, 2012

Food Trucks and Tall Buildings


There was a Food Truck event in Columbus last Friday.  Randy had the day off so we decided to go early to beat the after-work dinner crowd.  I was so excited about this even and I talked about it for days.  It didn't disappoint.

The Columbus Food Truck and Cart Fest took place at the Columbus Commons downtown from 12-10pm on Friday, July 13, 2012. Every time I looked up the map for Foot Truck Fest, I drooled just a little.

The Map for the July 13, 2012 Columbus Food Truck and Cart Fest
(Source)

I was hungry when we arrived, but I wanted to walk around to check out all of my options before I chose my perfect lunch.
Columbus Commons

I ended up ordering a Po' Boy fish sandwich from U Ate Yet

I was too busy devouring stuffing my face enjoying my sandwich to take a picture, but here is one I borrowed from their website:
Oh yum.
Randy got the sweet potato fries from Tatoheads.  I snagged a few; they were excellent and the dipping sauce had us arguing over who got the lick the little cup.  Randy also got a slice of spicy pepperoni pizza from Mikey's Late Night Slice.

Since we went to the Food Truck Fest around 1:30pm, the little ladies had already eaten lunch--parenting tip: n.e.v.e.r. bring hungry children out in public.  It will only end badly.  You're welcome.--but they did get to have some dessert from Go Cupcake.  I may or may not have also had a cupcake.

The Commons has a carousel that the little ladies enjoyed (twice).  They thought this carousel was fun because the animals to ride on are not just horses.


Ellie has been asking lately to see skyscrapers so after we stuffed our bellies, twirled on the carousel and listened to good music by local musicians, we walked around downtown checking out the tall buildings.
They loved that when we walked between the buildings, their voices echoed.

Woa, that's a tall building.


Such a fun afternoon, and we even made it home before rush hour!  Great start to my birthday weekend!

Did you go visit the Food Trucks on Friday?
Would you eat anything prepared in a truck?  Once upon a time, I would have said no.  Watching Randy's shows on the Food Network has made me a little more adventurous.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! I wanted to go, but couldn't figure out how to balance the two nap thing and going. Next year definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, a few years ago we wouldn't have attempted this. The little ladies are just getting big enough that we can skip the nap as long as we'll be home in the evening for the melt downs. ;)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.