Monday, July 23, 2012

A Sad Goodbye and an Abs Challenge Fail

Whew!  It's been a busy week: some good, some bad, lots of tears--of both sadness and hysterical laughter. 

My Meme passed away last Wednesday.  She had been suffering in her last few weeks.  We were praying for her to go to a better place, yet when it actually happened, it was still a shock.  I know my whole family felt relief that Meme was no longer in pain, but that didn't take away any of the sadness of our loss.

Luckily, Randy was on vacation last week and could be home with the little ladies, so I was able to fly to Massachusetts for the funeral.  I wasn't sure I wanted to go...I thought that I wanted to remember Meme alive, smiling and spunky.  It was an emotional weekend and I'm completely exhausted from all the highs and lows, but I'm glad I went.  I needed to be there.

Maybe in a few days I'll write more about the experience, but I'm not ready yet.

I only ran once while I was in MA and completely neglected my Abs Challenge, but now that I'm back home, I'm right back on track.

Meme and I in 2004.  This is the last picture I have of the two of us.  After the little ladies were born, I was more focused on taking pictures of them with Meme.

October 2011