Monday, June 25, 2012

June Challenge Days 12-25

So....I've been a total slacker with the updates, but I have not been slacking on my June Challenge.  I won't go into detail about every workout, you can check out the calendar posted below.
My hip is improving and I'VE BEEN RUNNING!!!  I'm taking it slow to be sure I won't cause a set-back, but so far, this crazy hip is tolerating running very well, but it's not completely gone.  It's not getting worse, it IS getting better, but slowly.  Too slowly.  It's driving me crazy.

What I'm left with now, I wouldn't call "pain".  It doesn't really hurt, it's more of a discomfort and I don't feel it all the time, but it's nagging, so obviously, something is not right.  I suspect the problem is in my glute since the location of discomfort in my hip changes, but there is one troublesome spot in my glute that I always feel when I sit on the foam roller.  I will see a physical therapist on Tuesday.  Hopefully he can tell me exactly what the problem is and how to kick this thing.

On Friday, I ran for 2 miles.  I started out the run at a 12min/mi pace, by the time I finished, I was running about 10:30.  The longer I ran, the more it loosened up...glorious!  Then today, Monday, I ran for 3 miles!  WOOT!  I'll be keeping the runs on the shorter side to make sure I don't make it worse...at least until I see the PT.  I can't wait to get back to my normal mileage.

I wasn't on the bike much last week and I kind of missed it.  I'll make sure I get in a few more miles this week.

Only one more week of the June Challenge to go.  I wonder what I'll do for July....


How is your June Challenge going?



Another Mother Runner Challenge June 2012



<><><> </>
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
1
2
3




Rest
Walk 1.8mi
Bike 3.38
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Bike 4.45mi
Abs & Arms
Rest
2.81mi run/walk
2.23 run/walk
Pub run 2.54
Bike 2.44 mi
Rest
3 mi run/walk
Bike 7.37 mi
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Bike 3.39mi
Walk 1.79mi
Strength:
Arms, abs, hips
Stretch/foam roll
Run/walk 2.25mi
Walk 3mi
Bike 9.3mi
Bike 12.8mi
Rest
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Rest
RUN!  1.8mi
Bike 2.37mi
Strength:
Abs, arms, hips
Stretch/foam roll
Run/walk 3.3mi
RUN!  2mi
Quick abs & squats
Rest
25
26
27
28
29
30
RUN! 3.38mi







Name:
City, state:
How badass you feel on June 1st:
How badass you feel on June 30th:



Jamie
Ohio
Injured, but pretty freaking badass