Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June Challenge 5 Day Update

I'm getting in the swing of June, are you?  Another Mother Runner's June Challenge in underway!

Unfortunately, or fortunately, June 1st was on Friday.  Fridays are my rest days.  Day one was a success!

Day 2:  I was really excited for my workout on Saturday: I was going to run.  My hip was getting better so I was hopeful.  After walking .3 mi, I picked up the pace ad ran a little.  My hip totally gave me the finger.  I felt pain with every impact of my right foot.  Back to walking.  Hip was feeling fine, no limping, picked up the pace again at .5 mi.  Nope.  One more try at 1 mile.  I felt pain, but thought "maybe it just needs time to loosen up...."  I thought I was keeping a steady gait until I turned a corner and caught a glimpse of my shadow.  I was limping.  Back to walking.  I didn't try again after that.  What a let down.

Day 3: I got on my bike for the first time in about a year.  I started off slow because I wasn't sure how my hip would tolerate the motion.  It was stiff at first, but quickly loosened up.  I felt quite a bit of the workout in my buns where I suspect my hip issue originated.  I rode one lap around my whole 'hood, not fast, I didn't want to over-do it.  Get this: I didn't feel any pain for the rest of the day!  Holy moly!  Could it be?!  Am I healing?!  Time will tell.

Day 4: Got up at 5am for the first time since before the Cleveland Marathon.  I had trouble sleeping the night before; I think I was nervous about riding my bike in the dark.  Turns out, I had nothing to worry about.  My headlamp fit over my helmet, and other than my slightly sore bottom (from the bike seat the day before) it was a great ride.  I'd forgotten how much I love being out in the wee hours.  It's so peaceful, there is no one else around, flowers and trees are in bloom and the air smells sweet.  It would have been glorious, had I been running.  Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Shortly after I started my ride, my headlamp flew off my head.  I had it on my helmet, not my head.  Oops.  Guess what?  It still works!  Petzl headlamp, very durable. :)
Petzl E91 PE Tikkina 2 Headlamp, Electric Blue
This is the one I have, but mine is pink.  Of course.

Day 5: Rest.  I will try to run again tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!

How is your June Challenge going?


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday




1
2
3




Rest
Walk 1.8mi
Bike 3.38
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Bike 4.45mi
Abs and Arms
Rest





11
12
13
14
15
16
17







18
19
20
21
22
23
24







25
26
27
28
29
30











Name:
City, state:
How badass you feel on June 1st:
How badass you feel on June 30th:



Jamie
Ohio
Injured, but pretty freaking badass

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie! I see you're training for our Dash for Donation July 14. We look forward to having you :)

    If you have any questions about the race or need information for your blog, please let me know.

    Good luck!

    Rachel Lewis
    Media Relations
    Lifeline of Ohio

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.