Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shopping: My Other Favorite Sport

Who loves shopping?  I do, I do!

So before the Cleveland Marathon, I was doing some online shopping for finish line presents for my best running friends, (BRFs) Anne and Kate.  Really, this was no hardship on my part.  I love shopping for running-related things and I love shopping for others.  I was having the time of my life!

I was debating between a few options, one being these really creative (in my opinion) key chains that I came across on Etsy.

Runners BECAUSE I CAN Key Chain with Hardware Washer & Copper Disc

The Etsy Shop is named MetalExpressions and they have a lot of super cute stuff. 

I finally made my decision on Sunday...yes, one week before the race.  In my defense: I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else out there that was more perfect for my BRFs. I ordered three (hello, I can't leave myself out) and included a note to the shop that our race was on the 20th and it would be wonderful if I could have the key chains by then.  I do realize that the indecision on my part does not constitute an emergency on their part, so if the key chains didn't arrive, I had a backup plan: the three of us already had plans to go out a few days after the race and I'd give it to them then.

Much to my surprise, a package arrived on WEDNESDAY!  When I opened all the boxes (yes, they came in cute little gift boxes!), the key chains were even more adorable in person!  I was so thrilled!
I just love them!  Kate's includes the date since it's her first half marathon.

Now, I don't know if MetalExpressions have the key chains pre-made and laying around somewhere or if they had to stamp out all of the customizable washers, but the turn around time was remarkable so I sent them a little note thanking them and got this back a few minutes later:


Hi Jamie,

You are so welcome! We're very glad to hear you're pleased with the key chains.

Hope you and your friends have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks so much for taking the time to send us such a nice conversation!
Mary & Sara
I think I brought a smile to their face.  Who doesn't like being recognized for a job well done?

Do you go out of your way to recognize or thank people for doing nice (or ordinary) things for you?  I try to thank everyone.  I like making others feel good.  Hopefully they pay it forward.

2 comments:

  1. You.are.awesome! I truly believe God brought our paths together for a reason! I dont think I would be making the decisions of self improvement without your words and support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can help, Aarran! You are going to do great things!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.