Friday, May 18, 2012

My Best Running Friends

The race is in two days. Two. It's the day after tomorrow. To say I'm excited would be a huge understatement.

What I'm most thrilled about, is sharing the race experience with my best running friends (BRFs), Anne and Kate.  This is the second marathon that Anne and I have trained for together and this is Kate's very first half.  They'll both finish before me on Sunday and I can't wait to hear all about their experiences when I see them at the finish.

Anne started this necklace for me last year.  She bought me the 13.1 charm for the birthday after my first half marathon.  I added the 26.2 after I finished USAF and to celebrate the end of this training, Kate gave me the runner girl and Anne gave me the pink running shoe.  She said when she saw that it was pink, she knew I had to have it.  I have some great BRFs...and I'm sporting quite a bit of bling on that necklace!


I've had both of them by my side almost every week training for this race.  We keep each other company and we keep each other going.  We've had an amazing journey to Cleveland together.  I am so proud of both of them and I know they will have awesome races on Sunday. 

Good luck and have fun, Anne and Kate!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Jamie! Thanks for getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Jamie!!!! I have had so much fun training with you!!!! So proud o how far we have ALL come this year and can't wait to share it with you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.