Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Superhero Challenge!

We're at it again!  Denise has such great ideas for monthly challenges.  Here is her latest: The Super Hero Challenge.  We are doing exercises named after superheroes! 

How badass is that?!

Here's what we have to do: 20 spidermen, 30 second plank, 30 second superman.
Here are the demonstrations:
Spiderman

Superman

Got that? 20 spidermen, 30 second plank, 30 second superman, repeat three times.
Awesome abs workout in less than 10 minutes!  I can't wait to see what my not-for-public-view abs look like at the end of May!

If you're on Twitter, join us by following the #superhero hashtag.  If you're not on Twitter....you should be.  You can also follow these awesome challenge participants: @denisermt, @runningmom2boys, @SeeKateRun1, @jillconyers, @ForrestGump49er, and me @runmama2girls.

The idea of the challenge is not to do them every day.  Just do them.  I usually cross train on days that I don't run.  Since I'm tapering, there will be more non-running days in the next few weeks.  I'll probably be getting my superhero on 3 or 4 times a week.  I'm still planning to include burpees in my cross train routine once or twice a week, not because I love them; because they're effective.

May so far:

May 1- 2 sets (it isn't as easy as it looks!)
May 2- 3 sets

Superhero Challenge: Who's with me?

7 comments:

  1. Ha...I read that as "30 30 second planks". OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice and quick to add to a few days a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in as well :) @luminositymama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's such a fun challenge! I love abs. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.