Friday, May 25, 2012

June Challenge and a Diva

Marathon training is over and I don't have any big races to train for until Ragnar Tennessee, in November.  That could make for a lazy summer...then I read about the Another Mother Runner Challenge.  YES!  I have a reason to make another training plan!  I thrive on structure.  If I have a plan written, it gets done.  If I have a list, I cross things off...except dusting the family room...that never seems to get crossed off the list.  I hate to dust just as much as I love lists.



Anyway, the Another Mother Runner Challenge is a commitment to working out (not limited to running) 5 days a week.  All you have to do is go to Another Mother Runner's Blog Post,  print out this document:

fill it in with your training plans and do it!  You can also visit the AMR Connect Forum to hold yourself accountable.

At the end of June, email a picture of your completed plan to the ladies of Another Mother Runner and they'll send you a bumper sticker!
Yup, all of that work for a bumper sticker.  I'm easy like that.

********************

Speaking of easy...(kidding)...Thursday night was Diva Night at Fleet Feet Sports.  We lady runners got all gussied up to hang out at.....the running store?  Yup.  What a fun night!  Munchies, wine, discounts in the store, raffles and a fashion show!  Guess who got to be a model...go ahead, guess...  ME!  I'm not exactly model material with my not-so-tall stature and my, um...love of all things dessert, but it was super fun to model running clothes.
Shaking my sh*t on the runway in a NON-PINK Nike outfit.
After the fashion show, we put our dresses and heels back on.  Good times....
That's me in the pink.  Of course.


2 comments:

  1. So great to meet you in person last night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Kim! I feel like I "know" a lot of the DMCers but I haven't met most in person!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.