Friday, May 11, 2012

Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry

I don't know about you, but I love stir fry.  I really love teriyaki sauce.  Lately, I'm having a love affair with this Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce and marinade.  I've used it with beef, pork and chicken and it's good on all of it.  My kids gobble it up calling it "sweet chicken".  It doesn't matter what type of meat it is; to them, it's all chicken.


This time I really did use chicken.  I cubed the chicken and slathered with with the Soy Vay to marinate. 

Randy got this vacuum sealed marinader several years ago.  This thing is pretty awesome. We put meat and marinade in it, suck out all the air with the pump and it marinates for a few hours and tastes like it's been days.  Seriously, yum.
Randy loves a veggie-loaded meal, so I pretty much put everything I can find in my stir-fry.  I don't really measure.  I just dump.  There is no real recipe for this.  I just cook the chicken until it's cooked through and veggies until they're al dente.
sliced water chestnuts, sliced bamboo, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, onion, green beans, bean sprouts, pea pods and garlic
(usually we also have bell pepper, but we're out)
I wash and cut the veggies, layering them in a large prep bowl in the order I'll use them.  The veggies that take longer to cook are on the top (onion, garlic and carrots are in a separate bowl).
Because the Soy Vay has a high sugar content, I don't cook the chicken in the wok.  I use a non-stick pan for the chicken and cook the veggies in the hot, oiled wok.  First the garlic, onions and carrots...
This is major for me: 3 burners cooking at once and I DIDN'T BURN ANYTHING!
Next in goes the broccoli. Then green beans.  Then mushrooms.  Pea pods, water chestnuts and bamboo and chicken get dumped in all at once, along with a little extra Soy Vay. (Seriously, the stuff has crack in it.)
I serve the stir fry on top of Basmatti rice and topped with raw bean sprouts.  I like my sprouts crunchy.

What have you been cooking up this week?



Photobucket