I haven't yet decided how I feel about the number.
It doesn't sound as cute as twenty five....let's think back to that year for a moment, shall we?
I was 25 when Randy and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary, when we bought our first house and when we rescued our first dog. I had a fun job teaching second grade, with a great principal (hard to come by in those days, trust me on that).
Life was pretty darn good.
And it got better.
When I was 26, we rescued our second dog.....and third. Twenty seven, I had Ellie. The joy in life just exploded and then the explosion doubled at age 29 when I had Aleena.
Every year, life gets sweeter and sweeter.
Age 35 comes with
- a new job, which will be way more fun than the job 25 year old me had,
- a fourth marathon, an idea that 25 year old me would have laughed at,
- 8th birthday for Ellie, it amazes me that I've kept her alive for so long,
- 6th birthday for Aleena, I don't even know how that happened, she was just born a few minutes ago
- eleventh wedding anniversary for Randy and I. WHAT?! It seems like yesterday and a hundred years ago all at once.
Time seems to be speeding up, so I better pay attention.
Bring it on, thirty five. Let's see what you've got.